South beach cococay

Johneen

We had booked a day bed for south beach on our June cruise on the Oasis and I just noticed it was renamed and no longer says south beach it appears we were relocated to day bed in chill island, we specifically choose south beach because it’s nice and quiet. I assume we were moved because the coco beach club has just opened .Has anyone else noticed a change? I called last night but was told I needed to email excursion, they could not help me or answer my questions.(waiting for an email from them tomorrow)

It looks like there currently are no beach beds on South Beach... looking at map on Chill Island at lower left corner of map or Breezy Bay at Chill Island just to the left of the beach club with a view of the overwater cabanas.

daybeds.thumb.jpg.3c53771a50305bab17f40e29b13ed2f4.jpg

Edited by twins_to_alaska

1 minute ago, KCMiller said:

Are there overwater cabanas on Breezy Bay?  I thought the only overwater cabanas were the ones they just built on South Beach, but the map above seems to show them.  

Only the ones just built.  

You can see in my clips the beds and cabanas on south beach and chill island.  

12B24377-C6C6-4D70-8499-FAD610FBC8F6.jpeg

EEC72F07-092D-4F5C-A7DB-AB97F0EB6805.jpeg

We were just there the other day, also had booked a South Beach day bed. The tickets that were in our room still read "South Beach," and since the Coco Cay map said it would be open Jan 31 we figured they must be open now, and we would indeed have our bed on South Beach. Nope. We followed the directional signs to South Beach, only to be told by a bartender that those beds aren't ready yet. We were then directed to Chill Island, and the hilarious thing is, they have a little sign that says South Beach on the concierge kiosk there, but it is absolutely NOT South Beach. We enjoyed our time, but I was disappointed that we didn't get the quiet surroundings that we had booked. We went to the excursions desk back onboard. I wasn't expecting a refund, but wanted to point out that they're selling something that doesn't exist, to hopefully save others from our same predicament. She said the system said we were booked for Chill Island, so I had to show my tickets as well as my receipt. Both clearly say South Beach. She said someone would get back to us (I'm sure they won't). So be warned: if you have your heart set on South Beach don't bother booking it until you hear firsthand accounts of it actually being open. 🙄 However, it did appear they will be ready soon!