Question about Oceania wait list

Charles4515

It's a better bet to pay the deposit.  That WILL give you priority.  If you cancel in time you will get it all back.

But there are no assurances that you'll get the room.  It varies from cruise to cruise.  If you're booking on a very popular cruise, your odds go down ... or so I would think (never having booked a guarantee).  If there is a lot of space available closer to cruise date, your odds increase.

Mura

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

We are waitlisted for an Oceania sailing in August. I have been told if we pay a $750 deposit we will be prioritized.  Any opinions or knowledge on the chances of clearing the waitlist either paying or not paying the deposit?

That is the price of being put on the wait list....  no pay  ...your not really in the game and a call would be un-likely at all      However, even if you pay the deposit it is NO guarantee that you will get anything  but consideration IF an opening comes up.     You should have your travel agent empowered to make a decision if you want a cabin if it opens.     Also  when  you paid your deposit O will tell your what number you are on the wait list.....   This is what you have an agent for

They told our travel agent we would probably clear the wait list but we have decided it does not make sense to wait list an Oceania cruise. There is nothing particularly special about the sailing we were interested in and there are plenty of other options available during the same time frame. 

I would suggest you also check the sailing online yourself just before, and on final payment date.   If folks cancel, you may be able to snag space, even before Oceania 'polls' the waitlist, and offers the space to those on the list.   Unless things have changed since my waitlist experience in July of 2018, that could happen...