Legend Shore Excurions / San Juan

tomfitz

We are going on the Legend 4/29 and the first port is San Juan and they dock at 3:00 pm and leave at midnight. Does anyone know what shore excursions are available? I looked at the Carnival site and they list many but are they available if we arrive at 3:00pm?

They do offer a few excursions. When we sailed the Legend last summer they arrived an hour or an hour and a half earlier than stated. However, it was LONG to get off the ship unless you books a Carnival excursion. I think there is one to the rum factory.

If we were to do this sailing again, we would book that tour just to get priority off the ship. We spent about an hour in line waiting to get off the ship and the only thing we were able to do was go to the Fort for about 45 minutes before it closed.

For a family, the San Juan port -- in my opinion -- is horrible. My family said if we ever cruised to San Juan again, we would just stay on board and enjoy the ship.

Sue

Legend - 7/03

Pride - 6/02

Nordic Empress - 7/01

Sensation 5/00

If you call Carnival they will e mail the shore excursions to you. It did take over a week of e mails and then a final phone call but I did get them. They will not fax prices though. I don't know how to post them here. Sorry. Hope this helped though. Good luck!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scooter90:

For a family, the San Juan port -- in my opinion -- is horrible. My family said if we ever cruised to San Juan again, we would just stay on board and enjoy the ship.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is probably the feeling of many. And as a Puertorrican, it hurt to heard comments like that, because I know how much the Island can offered. There is more than just old San Juan. Its too bad that because of the "blue laws" of the Island, just about everything closes at 5: PM and most of the ships get there too late for any tours other than the Old City and the surrounding areas. Hope that if you decide to return to the Island, you get a cruise that arrive in San Juan in the morning, so you have a chance to see more than just San Juan.

And by the way, even though, our native language is Spanish, You are in American soil when you step across the gang way.

CGMan, you sound like just the person I need to talk to. Next Feb, we are sailing the southern carib on the Destiny and we're going to spend a couple of extra days in San Juan afterwards. We are a diverse group. Some love adventures, sailing, snorkeling. Others love historical sites and sight-seeing. And of course, we have the battle-tested shoppers. As a certified Puertorican, can you tell me what are must-see, must-do activities/sites for this beautiful country?

Dream 04

Sky 03

Fantasy 98

Ecstasy 91

Norway 89

Life is good

blue laws are laws making businesses to close on certain day, i guess PR has it after a certain hour. my town has blue laws forcing most stores and malls to be closed on sunday. a friend from work who is from there said old san juan is a really nice place to see and has good security. i'll probably just hit isle verde and rent a jetski then hit senor frogs before heading back to the ship though.

Stillflotin

Right at time very moment, We (DW & I) are making preparations to go to San Juan for a few days before boarding the Jubilee the 1 May. will be returning about mid. May.

Will check to see if anything new have happens since 2000 (last time we visited the Island) and will let you know what's up.

Crashnburn got the right idea............ I'm a little to old to do all those crazy things now. There is SCUBA diving in the West coast of the island and a bit of surfing also. Driving is a little nervy for many visitors, but a drive on the Panoramic Route is something to be remembered for a long time.

Any way, see y'all in about the 20 days.

CGMan, thanks for your reply. I'll eagerly wait for your comments on your return. Have a great trip! We all survive from cruise to cruise through these boards, that's for sure.

Dream 04

Sky 03

Fantasy 98

Ecstasy 91

Norway 89

Life is good

When we sailed to San Juan on the Victory we had no problems getting off the ship.

We too arrived later in the day and most stuff was closed so we jsut waled to the pier and walked left. Lots of stores - some giving away some free stuff-like a taste of run poured onto frozen icee drink. It was yummy. We jsut walked the fortress that was there. Checked out the water and the various stores. It was nice. I would do it again. Although I wish they got there earlier coz I would relly like to see the Fort.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived