Allure Time Change?

Greg1084

Will be on Allure in a little over a week and I’m curious about times as this is my first cruise involving a time zone switch. The itinerary says we’ll arrive in port at 8 AM. I have an excursion booked with a 3rd party and they asked us to arrive at 9 AM. Does Allure switch to AST when we dock in St Maarten, or will it stay on EST? If it stays on EST, is the advertised 8 AM arrival time EST or AST? I’m worried that the 8 AM arrival time is actually 9 AM AST, in which case I’ll need to touch base with the tour operator and make sure it’s ok if we don’t get there until close to 10 local time. Anyone who’s been on Allure lately and can comment how they handled time changes would be appreciated!

You remain on ship time (est) the whole trip.    Not sure how to answer the question about the 3rd party.   The ship recommends to change your phone, and smart watch to not allow automatic changes in time for time zone changes. 

• Like 2

Changing the clocks on a cruise is totally up to the Captain.   Some Captains will always change it to match local time, some will never, and some will do it when, and if, they feel like it !!..

The 3rd party should be aware of the ship's actual arrival time.   To be sure, you can check the local port authority's website and they will show you the expected arrival time in local time.  (http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2)

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

Changing the clocks on a cruise is totally up to the Captain.   Some Captains will always change it to match local time, some will never, and some will do it when, and if, they feel like it !!..

The 3rd party should be aware of the ship's actual arrival time.   To be sure, you can check the local port authority's website and they will show you the expected arrival time in local time.  (http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2)

Are the times listed on this website in local time? This shows Allure arriving at 8 AM, which is the same time as our itinerary says. 

3 hours ago, Greg1084 said:

Will be on Allure in a little over a week and I’m curious about times as this is my first cruise involving a time zone switch. The itinerary says we’ll arrive in port at 8 AM. I have an excursion booked with a 3rd party and they asked us to arrive at 9 AM. Does Allure switch to AST when we dock in St Maarten, or will it stay on EST? If it stays on EST, is the advertised 8 AM arrival time EST or AST? I’m worried that the 8 AM arrival time is actually 9 AM AST, in which case I’ll need to touch base with the tour operator and make sure it’s ok if we don’t get there until close to 10 local time. Anyone who’s been on Allure lately and can comment how they handled time changes would be appreciated!

Ships time may or may not change to local time. You will not know until you get onboard. 

47 minutes ago, Greg1084 said:

Are the times listed on this website in local time? This shows Allure arriving at 8 AM, which is the same time as our itinerary says. 

yes, it is a document from the local Port Authority.   They only care about their own port time !!