Cabin Room Trips and Tricks

13 hours ago, DntlGal said:

I take a picture of the daily newsletter showing where we are and the date. I know all the pictures I take after that are from that port/sea day and the date. Repeat every day. <<<SNIP>>>

We do this too. It's a great idea. We also take a picture of our sea pass cards and room number...

12 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Gaffer tape re-wrapped onto a pen or pencil. Not messy like duct tape when removed. 👍

I had to look that up. Sounds like a great duct tape replacement. Where can you buy it?

We have used duct tape to hold the drawers shut during heavy seas. On our last cruise, some friends we met broke their suitcase and Sallie gave them our duct tape to hold it together for their trip home. They were very grateful and swore to carry duct tape on their cruises henceforth.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:14 PM, shirazcruiser said:

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack)

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack) at AMAZON. 

I love these since I don't have to lug extra batteries to change when my old light would begin to dim. The charge lasts for days and it's an easy recharge with the USB cable. It has low and high light settings along with an on/off switch or the option of a motion sensor. 

Thank you for these, I just bought them for my next cruise. My kiddo always needs a light on and leaving the bathroom door ajar with the light on is not ideal. The door moves and squeaks with the waves. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We do this too. It's a great idea. We also take a picture of our sea pass cards and room number...

We take a picture of the floor of the elevator each morning.  🙂  For those who cruised before will know why. 😉

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I think the most useful thing that is "extra" for us is the RCCL luggage tags you can find on amazon that have the thin cable to attach them to the suitcase. Reuseable and super handy.

Based on the comments for towel holders, I searched amazon quick and found something called Towel Bandit which is essentially a big rubber band to hold down your towel. Since they are small and flexible, they would take up less space than the bulky clothespin types.

We use these to hold our towels to the chairs....we had them customized with our names so we always knew where are chairs where (even after several cocktails).  They are washable and roll up small to go in the suitcase.  We got them at  www.premiercruisegear.com

facebook 2.jpg

Edited by kskelley40
  • Like 1