Vifp Red vs Gold deals

jperry2011

Curious about the difference in deals for cheaper cruises etc between having a red vifp or a gold one...

I have 21 points right now and will have 27 (25 needed for gold) after we go on our cruise may 9th 2020 on the sunrise.

We are also wanting to go on the radiance September 20th 2020 to new England/Canada.

Should I wait until after the may cruise to book the september one? Will I get better deals through carnival?

I think those red, gold, platinum etc deals are over hyped.  I really don't think I ever got a better deal being, red or gold.  I would just find the cruise you are really wanting to take and scout whatever deals there are, and make a choice just based on what ship, itinerary, port of departure etc you prefer.  The VIFP deals are really not not that great in my opinion.  But any deal, reduction of course is good, so just check out all options.   Also, whether you get better deals through Carnival or not, is variable.  Sometimes with TA you get some on board credit, so check out all options, but go with the cruise, and or ship you want once you find your best deal.  If time permits, shop around.

I've never got better deals for anything.we are not gamblers so we don't get those deals.i don't think it matters if your blue,red or gold.ive checked every discount box and it all comes out the same.i just book where and when I want to go and I compare other lines also.carnival is not the best price a lot of times.

I am red and I booked a girl cruise under my number,  I saw a price drop and called to adjust the price, the person I was talking to suggested checking My moms number for deals ( she’s gold). It gave us a bigger price drop.  I don’t remember how much was the price drop vs her gold status deal but in all we received a price adjustment of $150.  You do get a deal but I don’t think it is a huge amount, not enough to wait for.  Besides if you book now couldn’t you call later to check for a price drop after you turn gold?