The GTY Mystery

We book balcony/suite GTY's a lot but I never quite paid attention to the deck/muster station info that comes before the actual cabin number. Was wondering if there is any "rhyme or reason" that can give clues to cabin location? I'm only curious because my cruise docs came today with this info, so it got my brain a-going as I sit in 23 degree weather dreaming about warmer days ahead 😉 

Here is what I know:

• Deck 11
  • Muster Station E04
  • Luggage Tag location mean anything?

Thanks for playing along!

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 10.55.29 AM.png

Log on to RCL and bring up your set sail pass.  Put a bar code reader app on your smart phone (they're free) and read the bar code.  The last numbers after the dash will be the room number if one is associated.  Some people have been able to find their room number on a GTY by doing this, not sure if it always works, or if it may change.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Log on to RCL and bring up your set sail pass.  Put a bar code reader app on your smart phone (they're free) and read the bar code.  The last numbers after the dash will be the room number if one is associated.  Some people have been able to find their room number on a GTY by doing this, not sure if it always works, or if it may change.

I just tried this and it did work! I'll wait to see if the same stateroom ends up being what we get, but very cool trick! Thank you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Please post after your trip to see if it changed, I never hear back from people about that.  Have fun!!

• Like 1

Okay so I honestly can't thank you enough for your help with this. We booked a Balcony GTY and thanks to the barcode thing, I saw we were initially assigned to a D2 (which I fully expected). But for kicks, I went online and did a mock-booking to find that my original balcony booking went down in price, and the Ocean View with Large Balcony was the same price I initially paid. So I called RCCL and they were able to move me to the larger balcony! Yay! Little things like this make my day, and I sure appreciate your help 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

Okay so I honestly can't thank you enough for your help with this. We booked a Balcony GTY and thanks to the barcode thing, I saw we were initially assigned to a D2 (which I fully expected). But for kicks, I went online and did a mock-booking to find that my original balcony booking went down in price, and the Ocean View with Large Balcony was the same price I initially paid. So I called RCCL and they were able to move me to the larger balcony! Yay! Little things like this make my day, and I sure appreciate your help 😁

GREAT!! I'm glad it worked out for you!

I've been able to see my cabin assignment using the bar code scanner hack for a few months now, but they have yet to "set it in stone" by adding the cabin assignment to my set sail pass. I'm 24 days out and starting to wonder if they plan on doing a cabin shuffle as cancellations come in 🤔

44 minutes ago, abrow098 said:

I've been able to see my cabin assignment using the bar code scanner hack for a few months now, but they have yet to "set it in stone" by adding the cabin assignment to my set sail pass. I'm 24 days out and starting to wonder if they plan on doing a cabin shuffle as cancellations come in 🤔

Not only available cabins been watching several Cruise coming up, rates are dropping $$$

58 minutes ago, abrow098 said:

I'm 24 days out and starting to wonder if they plan on doing a cabin shuffle as cancellations come in 🤔

I think GTY assignments are getting later and later now that Royal has the RoyalUp bidding program.  When they "upgrade" someone from a JS to a suite, that opens up a JS for someone to upgrade to, and it's just a domino effect of upgrades and room changes. 

By leaving GTY assignments later, they can use those to "fill in the gaps" from all those changes (which is actually supposed to be the point of the GTY system in the first place).

I did this trick a few months ago and can confirm the same cabin number was officially assigned a couple of weeks out from sail date which is tomorrow so I’m not expecting a change at this stage. 

For those with Apple phones, if you open the SetSail pass in the Royal app it comes up with the option to add to Apple Wallet, which does the same thing so that you don’t need to download a barcode reader.