Is HAL checking passenger temperatures during embarkation yet?

kangforpres

I just returned from a Caribbean cruise on the Zuiderdam (Feb.1-8) and upon embarking we received NO screening at all.  Not even a simple health questionnaire which we have always filled out for past HA cruises.  After receiving an email a day or so before indicating there would be additional screening, we were very surprised to see nothing being done at all at check-in.  It didn't worry me since I'm not an alarmist, but it did seem odd.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:52 AM, HappyInVan said:

Contactless temperature readings. As well as a visual inspection. Doesn't have to be every cruise. Just for the periods with outbreaks.

It would substantially reduce the mistrust I feel for joining large groups of people.

I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, zelker said:

We're boarding Eurodam next Sunday (2-16) in FLL so we'll be finding out soon enough.  We hope they are not only as thorough as possible at embarkation but we would not be opposed to them implementing Code Orange throughout the duration of the 31 days we're on board.  After we watched upper respiratory illness AND then Noro spread through Noordam during our 40 day cruise this past fall (the Noro was traced to those who boarded in Sydney), we're much in favor of a little inconvenience if it helps keep things at bay.  (Hi, @Iris5383 - hope you guys are doing well!)

We were on the Eurodam 1/26 to 2/5, and the health questionnaires had been eliminated.  Of course things might be changing again now with this new virus.  I must say that this was one of the healthiest ships I have ever been on - I saw very few signs of anyone coughing/sneezing, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 7:43 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Now there is very little self-serve food at the Lido so they don't do the Code Orange any more. 

Right... Now their SOP is basically doing what used to be termed 'code orange' all the time..

• Like 1

With dishonesty apparently running rampant,  it is likely that some passengers will not tell the truth about their health or lack of, and also, let's not forget that taking Tylenol reduces temperature but not the underlying illness.

8 hours ago, macintx said:

I just returned from a Caribbean cruise on the Zuiderdam (Feb.1-8) and upon embarking we received NO screening at all.  Not even a simple health questionnaire which we have always filled out for past HA cruises.  After receiving an email a day or so before indicating there would be additional screening, we were very surprised to see nothing being done at all at check-in.  It didn't worry me since I'm not an alarmist, but it did seem odd.

We were on the same cruise and saw some people pulled off to the left side just before we went through the metal detectors, but I too was surprised we didn’t have to fill anything out. The lady checking us in asked if we had recently traveled to China, but that was the extent of it. 

We just boarded the Koningsdam and no, there were no temperature checks.  They did however hand out a health questionnaire asking if you had been to China in the last 20 days (14 was crossed out), or had been around a person with Coronavirus.   If you said yes to either question, they then asked if you had any symptoms.   

They did scan our passports visually for recent trips.  

• Thanks 1