What to do with your luggage?

seashore

We are fortunate enough to be sailing on the Star this April to the Mexican Riviera. Our flight after our cruise is not until 4:30pm. We have a shuttle picking us up around 2:00pm to take us to LAX. I would appreciate if anyone has a suggestion for storing our luggage at or near the pier so that we can explore the area and have lunch nearby. Thank You, seashore

Our flight after our cruise is not until 4:30pm. We have a shuttle picking us up around 2:00pm to take us to LAX. I would appreciate if anyone has a suggestion for storing our luggage at or near the pier so that we can explore the area and have lunch nearby. Thank You, seashore

I don't know if shore excursions are available when you return to port in LA but they were in Miami when the Jewel docked. Anyway, for those taking excursions in Miami, I believe NCL was holding their luggage and having it at a certain place at a certain time for pick-up. Some of the Miami excursions lasted 4.5 hours so something like that might get you close to your shuttle time. I don't know all the details but you might check with NCL or an information officer on your ship to see if something could be worked out on just holding your luggage.

Thank you for your information. We have a party of 5. I just don't want to spend so much time at LAX. Thanks again, seashore

There are two Los Angeles excursions offered by NCL so check their website. Should you decide to book, they handle your luggage and deliver you to the airport.

There isn't much real close to the San Pedro Piers. At least not that I saw when we were there in December. It seemed pretty industrial. I'd read about some kind of shopping area but didn't see it anywhere nearby.

Thank you all for your response. I confirmed that there is no luggage storage at the pier. I was able to change my pick-up time so that we won't be waiting for the shuttle for so long. I was also told by SuperShuttle that there will be a representative at the dock who can call a van to take our party whenever we are ready. Thanks again! seashore

Seahorse we just got off the Star on Sunday. We missed the shuttle with the cruiselines, and I was worried we woudl not find a way to the airport. But I was glad we missed it. WE were a group of 6, and ended up catching a cab form the pier. We got a mini van, all 6 of us and our luggage fit in the van. The cost was a set rate of $45 to the airport. Once we got there we checked in at the airline, and had 5 hours before we flew out. I wanted to go shopping so we got a cab for $12 to the mall and shopped for a few hours then came back. Worked out great. So you may wnat to just go straight to the airport then head to somewhere close in LA for lunch!

Archived