ziplining in Cabo, PV or Mazatlan??

AandBmom

No specific experiences but I can share what I know. Puerto Vallerta has been in the zip-lining business the longest. They have offerings that compete very well against places like Costa Rica. But research is the key here. You have to find a company that offers true tree-to-tree zip-lining. Some only offer tree-to-ground lines. There is one that also offers rappelling down a waterfall as part of their package but this is seasonal since there needs to be sufficient water flow.

Not a lot of knowledge regarding Mazatlan but I think they have only recently gotten into the game.

Cabo is a completely different experience. Cabo is desert meets the ocean. There is no rain forest in Cabo. What there is are dry desert arroyo's that you zip-line across. So you are completely out in the open flying above a canyon. A different experience to be sure. The company "Wild Canyon" has been in business for awhile and is well established. There are over 2000 reviews on TripAdvisor and the company was awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for 2019. This is a very active experience so you do have to be reasonably fit. It's also a dirty, dusty experience so the clothes you wear will not be usable for the rest of your cruise unless you get them washed. Older clothes are probably best.

Lots of video's on YouTube for the different zip-line experiences.

Hope you have a blast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We are going in March 2021 on Royal Princess. They don't have any zipline excursions in PV. I looked into Vallarta Adventures but they won't book directly to cruise passengers. I've read that if you try they may want to see proof that you are a hotel guest. Even if we did try, the time we are in port don't work out. I've currently booked a zipline in Cabo but still doing research as I think PV has better zipline experiences.

My son and I went ziplining in Mazatlan with Huana Coa Canopy Adventure.  It was a great time.  There were 10-12 different lines over the agava fields.  The trip also included tequila tasting at a distillery.  You can find reviews on Trip Advisor.  They are highly regarded, very safe, and most of all fun.  Highly recommend.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

For Vallarta  -

Great original question, unfortunately the pandemic may have made most answers and previous experiences obsolete. Having said that . . .  pre-pandemic:

Puertovallartstours dot net is a respected third-party tour broker. Their website is a great place to find what tours are currently available.  Occasionally,  the actual excursion provider has their own website and may offer promotions not available on the pvt site so check. 

Additionally,  the cruise lines may have exclusive contracts with a number of providers that prevent them (and brokers) from selling direct to cruisers if the ship is selling the same tour.  Vallarta Adventure is a prime example.

We have used Los Veranos multiple times, along with Vallarta  Adventures, over the last 20 years and would highly recommend any tours they run.  I checked both of their websites toady and they are still in business. 

Enjoy . . .

Edited by MSN-Travelers

• 3 months later...

Does your travel agent have tours available? In our office (part the largest travel agency network in the world if that helps you find us) we have a shore excursions department that has worked with the cruise lines post covid to set up shore excursions that meet the guidelines. Our shore excursions department now has shore excursions in every Riviera port of call and they guarantee that you will get back to your ship on time. Ask your travel agent what your post covid choices are.

I highly recommend Los Veranos in PV. Fantastic long runs across a wooded river canyon, jumping off without even being able to see the landing on the other end. Many great thrills along with lots of climbing up and down trails to get to the next zip. Very satisfying!

• 1 year later...

We did Huana Coa in Mazatlan.  Nice day, very safe, friendly staff.  Heads up for older guests, more steps up than expected, if you stop short, you'll need to hand-over-hand to bring yourself in. Also note that lockers are group not individual, bring little and keep valuables in zipped pockets instead.

I would like to also recommend Los Veranos in PV.  We have been with them twice, a little challenging as far as getting to the zips but by far the most expansive and amazing zips we have ever done.  Also the included transport is a godsend and easy to find from the port.