Corona Virus, and Crusing on March 8th on The Joy

egcruise

On 2/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, egcruise said:

While I understand cruise line is (seemingly) taking precautionary measure, is it really safe / logical to take a 7 day cruise to Mexico with 4500 people in relatively close quarters during what seems to be a high stress developing epidemic?

If I have to cancel what are my options I chose the cheapest insurance method directly through NCL?

Thanks greatly,

Eric

If you have any other health issues your doctors might be able to help you with notations. We just got off the Bliss with all of this corona virus stuff on the news and our kids back home were very concerned about us. Excellent information on the web. Mainstream news is a little behind. Read the experts opinion. That Princess ship is being viewed as a separate situation 4 have died and over 70 critical. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, egcruise said:

While I understand cruise line is (seemingly) taking precautionary measure, is it really safe / logical to take a 7 day cruise to Mexico with 4500 people in relatively close quarters during what seems to be a high stress developing epidemic?

If I have to cancel what are my options I chose the cheapest insurance method directly through NCL?

Thanks greatly,

Eric

I know it sucks to be cruising to Mexico of all places during this epidemic but I am sure if you stay away from Corona’s and Corona Light you will be fine!

• Haha 1

I agree with littlelulu01.  The only thing that does have me concerned is that I read an article where it's "possible" that the virus can be transmitted through the ship's A/C system.  Apparently the ventilation they use doesn't filter out that type of virus (due to smaller particles?) However, it does filter it out on an airplane due to their ventilation system.  I'm no scientist so I don't know if this has merit or not.  I am scheduled for the Breakaway 3/28, and since I am past the point of a refund, I'm waiting till the last possible day to cancel or not.  Also, when I tried to purchase "Cancel for Any Reason" (CFAR) insurance, I couldn't because apparently NY state doesn't allow it.  Great!

17 hours ago, yankees111 said:

I know it sucks to be cruising to Mexico of all places during this epidemic but I am sure if you stay away from Corona’s and Corona Light you will be fine!

Plus, they always serve Corona with Lyme 😉

We are booked on Escape for Western Caribbean on March 28th.  Monitoring situation but still have no plans to change anything.

dp

On 2/25/2020 at 6:49 AM, cruiseagona said:

I'm on the Joy right now. They take great precautions. Also Mexico is not a hot spot for the virus. Have fun.

How is the virus situation on Joy or how was it when you got off?  I am not inclined to worry since Mexico does not seem to be reporting any?

On 2/11/2020 at 5:54 PM, egcruise said:

Thanks greatly,

Eric

It is all about money.  If you were really concerned with your health why would you chance it?  And if you do go what happens  if you catch norovirus from someone who doesn't care about there health and takes the same cruise because they do not want to lose there money on the cruise.  Good luck.  One week away.✌️