Long Beach Drop Off Question

billslowsky

I'm taking a Carnival Cruise next weekend and I'm being dropped off by a friend.  Is it easier to have them drop me off near the ship - at the Queen Mary maybe - or even at the parking lot that's being used at the Convention Center and hop the shuttle over to the terminal or would I have to show some sort of parking ticket to do that?  Trying to make things easier, my mobility is not an issue and I'm travelling light.

We're going to the aquarium on Sunday morning (afterward) and I was planning to hop the shuttle to the parking garage and walk to the aquarium from there.  Again, does anyone know if I need to show a parking ticket or anything?

thanks

At least when taking the shuttle FROM the terminal to Convention Centre parking lot on Thursdays and Sundays (Imagination), the InterCruises folks who deal with airport and parking shuttles, are basically just ushering everyone to the next bus. I am yet to see anybody asking for a ticket or similar. Of course if people start taking advantage of the arrangement somehow, this could change.

However, I have not been at the convention centre lot to see how the shuttles from there to the terminal work. If you are going specifically to Aquarium of the Pacific, you could catch the Passport bus and alight on Shoreline Drive behind their parking structure. Please note that the Passport buses no longer stop right outside the Aquarium, which they used to do like a year ago. It IS walkable from the terminal, especially if you are mobile and have got few bags, but since the distance is at least 1.5 miles if not more, I wouldn't suggest it unless it's nice weather and you really feel like walking.

The parking shuttle drops you off too far from AOTP in order to be useful. Passport takes a detour on the northbound/downtown route, but should run every 15-30 minutes on Sunday mornings. I don't know, though, when the Aquarium opens on Sundays.

Dropping off at Queen Mary is also doable if there are no events. This weekend for instance they have some kind of a Scottish festival and all the viable walking routes are sealed off.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:18 AM, AgentMinusOne said:

At least when taking the shuttle FROM the terminal to Convention Centre parking lot on Thursdays and Sundays (Imagination), the InterCruises folks who deal with airport and parking shuttles, are basically just ushering everyone to the next bus. I am yet to see anybody asking for a ticket or similar. Of course if people start taking advantage of the arrangement somehow, this could change.

However, I have not been at the convention centre lot to see how the shuttles from there to the terminal work. If you are going specifically to Aquarium of the Pacific, you could catch the Passport bus and alight on Shoreline Drive behind their parking structure. Please note that the Passport buses no longer stop right outside the Aquarium, which they used to do like a year ago. It IS walkable from the terminal, especially if you are mobile and have got few bags, but since the distance is at least 1.5 miles if not more, I wouldn't suggest it unless it's nice weather and you really feel like walking.

The parking shuttle drops you off too far from AOTP in order to be useful. Passport takes a detour on the northbound/downtown route, but should run every 15-30 minutes on Sunday mornings. I don't know, though, when the Aquarium opens on Sundays.

Dropping off at Queen Mary is also doable if there are no events. This weekend for instance they have some kind of a Scottish festival and all the viable walking routes are sealed off.

Thanks.  I was thinking about the Passport bus to the aquarium, I just have to time it right.