Reprice with Future Cruise Credit - try, try again

I remember seeing something about this a while ago, but I can't find the post. I had $300 in Future Cruise Credit that I applied to a reservation booked in December. When I saw the price of my cruise drop (only about $75 and a bit of OBC, but still) I called the regular RCI line and was told that my total charge was $300 LESS than my original receipt showed - because of the FCC. I argued back and forth with the rep for a few minutes, but he was adamant that nothing could be done. This morning I saw another drop on the price ($126) and thought I'd try again. This time I called Crown & Anchor (I'm fancy af - gold member lol) and after a couple of minutes on hold, boom - done. Invoice was emailed immediately so I could verify, and now I'm a happier clam. if you have any C&A points, it might be worth it to just call that line first, but like so many here say, sometimes it just takes a calling a couple of times to get it done.

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Was the price drop calculated on your price before adding the $300 FCC? Then you got price drop and $300 applied again?

Yup, if I had realized that the FCC would have caused an issue, I would have waited until right before final payment to apply it. I'm happy that C&A was able to do this.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, waxing witch said:

Yup, if I had realized that the FCC would have caused an issue, I would have waited until right before final payment to apply it. I'm happy that C&A was able to do this.

I made the same mistake.

• Thanks 1