HAL | Eurodam | March 18, 2020 | 18 day circle Hawaii

cavecreekguy

Just checking if anyone on here will be on this cruise. Solo cruiser here. Have been on HAL a few times, but this will be my longest cruise so far.

It would be nice to meet up with some family onboard. I've tried the LGBT meet and greets on HAL and they've mostly been duds.

• 2 weeks later...

I am toying with going on this cruise.    There is a lgbt meeting site called meet me on board (no spaces) specifically for finding family on cruises.   If you want cave creek email me andymdw at the gee mail

I went on one other long cruise transatlantic and people say longer the cruise the older the crowd.   My experience on Hal with meeting others has been mixed had one cruise with 30 at meetup but usually only a handful.

Edited by andy6221
Mispelling

Hi Andy -

Thanks for reminding me of that other site. I tried it a few years ago and didn't find anyone who was going to be on my cruise. Since then I've forgotten my login credentials. They seem to want a lot of info to create a new profile so I'll hold off for now.

Looks like you posted to the other roll call thread so I guess you've decided to book this cruise. I've had my eye on HAL's Circle Hawaii cruise for over 8 years and finally decided to book a few weeks ago. I especially like that this itinerary has the overnight in Honolulu.

Have you planned any excursions.    It's been years since I have been to Hawaii and never been to Maui so looking for any suggestions.     Are you doing the open dining or fixed.   I'm doing open it is all that was left.   😞      Since going alone (none of my friends have money time off or a passport) looking for others to hang with.

Hi Andy

Right now for Honolulu I'm planning my own thing. I think there's a city bus that goes right by the cruise port. One way it goes to Waikiki. The other way it goes past the USS Arizona memorial. Two places I want to visit.

When I first started thinking about this cruise, 8+ years ago, I promised myself that when I did it I would book a helicopter over a volcano and look for hot, hot lava! And hopefully waterfalls. So I have that booked in Hilo.

Anything else I think I'll probably book onboard. Cruising solo, I typically either do my own thing when I get off the ship or book a ship excursion.

One of the things I love about cruising solo is the freedom, so I prefer open dining. With fixed dining I'd feel too limited to when or where I could dine.