Arcadia revised itinerary.

Ukulele girl

I have just heard from my sister who is on the Arcadia world cruise, what the revised itinerary is going to be. It sounds like an interesting trip and will avoid the Asian ports. This list doesn't make it clear what has happened to Hamilton Island but looking at the distances I suspect the ship isn't going there now. My sister says they are all having a great time and enjoying the cruise.

22-23 Feb Brisbane overnight 

26 Feb Melbourne 

28 Feb Hobart, Tasmania 

29 Feb Port Arthur (possibly Tasmania)

4-5 March Adelaide 

8 March Albany

10-11 March Fremantle (for Perth)

19 March Colombo, Sri Lanka

Arcadia is currently in NZ and will go from there to Sydney. The ship will not be going anywhere near Hong Kong or Singapore, hence the revised itinerary. I would think that anyone meant to be joining the ship at either of those ports will be re-routed to Perth or another port in Australia. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for this information. My sister and her husband are meant to be joining the ship in HK. Obviously they realize that’s not going to happen but have not heard anything from P&O with regards to an itinerary change. I will forward this information to her. 

Jenni

I have just heard from my sister who is on the Arcadia world cruise, what the revised itinerary is going to be. It sounds like an interesting trip and will avoid the Asian ports. This list doesn't make it clear what has happened to Hamilton Island but looking at the distances I suspect the ship isn't going there now. My sister says they are all having a great time and enjoying the cruise.
22-23 Feb Brisbane overnight 
26 Feb Melbourne 
28 Feb Hobart, Tasmania 
29 Feb Port Arthur (possibly Tasmania)
4-5 March Adelaide 
8 March Albany
10-11 March Fremantle (for Perth)
19 March Colombo, Sri Lanka

Yes just got the new itinerary today. It must be huge task to re route but glad not going near Asia. Would have still preferred to go north to Darwin but I’m sure non Australians on board will enjoy the Australian ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

What are P&O proposing for passengers due to embark on her on Hong Kong and Singapore? 

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I would think that P&O would cancel them. There's no way they would risk boarding passengers in Asia  during this epidemic. 

8 hours ago, cruiselover04 said:

Thank you for this information. My sister and her husband are meant to be joining the ship in HK. Obviously they realize that’s not going to happen but have not heard anything from P&O with regards to an itinerary change. I will forward this information to her. 

Jenni

The revised Travel Health Advisory sheds a little light:

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories

On 2/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, Ukulele girl said:

Arcadia is currently in NZ and will go from there to Sydney. The ship will not be going anywhere near Hong Kong or Singapore, hence the revised itinerary. I would think that anyone meant to be joining the ship at either of those ports will be re-routed to Perth or another port in Australia. 

Thanks. We too can get no response from P&O. Realised we were not going to Shanghai but will be gutted if we do not get to the Great Barrier Reef. It was on my bucket list and I doubt if I will get another chance to go there.

Rannspad - if you read the link on the above post by 'terrierjohn' you will get the details for the new itinerary for Arcadia. IT says of Arcadia,

'she will no longer call at Airlie Beach on 24 February and Yorkeys Knob on 25 February.'

I think that means that you will not get to the Great Barrier Reef as it looks like Brisbane is the furthest north she will be going. Possibly worth considering asking for a refund as you would certainly have grounds for that. My brother in law on the cruise will also be sad not to have got there. They are still having a great time.

My sister says in yesterday's email;    'We're being given 3 times loyalty club points from Brisbane. Not sure if that's all the way home or to Colombo, Sri Lanka where we pick up our original itinerary. We're also being given £25 per night on board credit for any port days missed. Don't think that'll be much; probably no more than £50 each, if that.'    Not a lot of compensation for what has been missed.

Thanks. We too can get no response from P&O. Realised we were not going to Shanghai but will be gutted if we do not get to the Great Barrier Reef. It was on my bucket list and I doubt if I will get another chance to go there.

Yes it’s disappointing not going to Airlie beach. I suggest when you get to Fremantle try and go to Rottnest Island and it’s quite easy to do yourself. I was hoping we would head north and maybe stop in Cairns and Darwin , instead we actually return home for a day -Melbourne[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently in Circular Quay waiting to board the Voyager of the Seas and have watched the Arcadia come in quite late and looks like she has anchored in the middle of the harbour. Does anyone know if they are going to tender passengers? Assume they are waiting for VOS to depart so they can slip in to her spot. Anyone know??

I’m on Arcadia, in Sydney today. The revised change over port that was Hong Kong will now be Perth. Overnight stop and same date. From Perth we travel to Colombo Sri Lanka and resume our original itinerary from that date. 21 days in Australia to come!

1 hour ago, chaz cruiser said:

We are currently in Circular Quay waiting to board the Voyager of the Seas and have watched the Arcadia come in quite late and looks like she has anchored in the middle of the harbour. Does anyone know if they are going to tender passengers? Assume they are waiting for VOS to depart so they can slip in to her spot. Anyone know??

We are tendering today, and moving to dock at the OPT, where you are now, at midnight tonight.

1 hour ago, chaz cruiser said:

Just come past her on a ferry. Tenders in use today and she will be alongside tomorrow 

• 2 weeks later...