Solo traveler needs help with "perk math"

CapsChap

I'm looking at a 9-day cruise to Alaska in 2021 aboard Eclipse. Right now with the sale, Celebrity is offering 3 perks for $360 more than for the price of the same stateroom (interior) with 1 perk. I just want to double-check with the experts that I'm thinking about price and value in the right context, as this would be my first Celebrity cruise, and I'm not used to these perks being offered in a bundle.

The drink package is my choice if I went with the lower fare that's just 1 perk; for a Coke addict like me (please note the big "C"!) who also enjoys coffee and maybe a couple of adult beverages with meals or just to unwind at the end of the day, it seemed to make the most sense.

I also always pre-pay gratuities, just to make it one less thing to worry about.

If I pay the extra $360 for 2 additional perks, the way I figure it, $140 of that $360 difference would go to gratuities, leaving a price tag of $220 for the 3rd perk.

"$150 OBC for 2" comes out to $300 for me, right? I'm assuming I get the full OBC since I'm essentially "paying double".

So is my math right that I'd come out ahead in a sense, value wise?

Thank you! I was also considering a 7-day version of this itinerary that included 2 fewer ports (and days, of course), and per the math, I'd come out $130 ahead on that one! So it looks like I come out a winner in either instance, regardless of the length I ultimately decide on as long as I book during this sale!

Sounds like a great reason to introduce myself to RCCL's "other half", Celebrity! 😄

• Like 1