Question about Panorama tendering in Cabo

mgrieger

Could someone who has cruised on Panorama give me some feedback on the tendering at Cabo? Specifically looking for details on approx. what timeframe we could expect to be able to get to shore for a non-Carnival excursion, non-suite, non-FTTF, etc. departure. Also, is there a queue somewhere/sometime to get tender tickets, and if so, when/where?  I believe the expected arrival for Cabo is 10am, so kind wondering if planning that getting to shore by 12 is realistic or not?  

Just off the Panorama.  Arrival time is 1000.  There was a queue for Tender tix the day before Cabo.  I believe it was on deck five by the coffee shop--don't remember the time but noon or before. The line was quite long so pay attention to the announcements and go early to line up and you should be ok.  They used Cabo Tenders and also a  big double decker boat so it all moved pretty efficiently.  As I recall the last numbers were called by about 1145 and then it was open to anyone wanting to go ashore--no ticket needed.

• Like 3

Just as an FYI, so you don’t get confused when you are onboard: Carnival stopped calling them “tenders” awhile ago. They are now referred to as “water shuttles.” Just thought I would mention it so that you are not looking for tender times in the Funtimes. What you will see listed are water shuttle times. 🙂

21 hours ago, GaspareandNancy33 said:

If arrival is 10:00 am is that ship time or Cabo time, since there is a hour time difference between Los Angeles and Cabo. Thanks

Just got off Panorama yesterday. In Cabo we stayed on ship time (same as Long Beach). 

• Like 1

Thanks for that... could have thrown a wrench in planning.  I better not plan an excursion for 12 (local time), if the ship arrival time of 10am means 11am local time.  I don't want to chance not making it within the first hour of water taxi/tendering.

4 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

For platinum cruisers and/or if you have an excursion booked through carnival, do you still need a ticket to tender? 

I am platinum but that didn't matter because I had a Carnival Excursion booked. No ticket necessary. It was printed on our ticket to meet in one of the dining rooms and when we got there they immediately sent us to the tenders. I don't believe platinums and diamonds need tickets but not sure about that.

16 minutes ago, HeidiHo said:

I am platinum but that didn't matter because I had a Carnival Excursion booked. No ticket necessary. It was printed on our ticket to meet in one of the dining rooms and when we got there they immediately sent us to the tenders. I don't believe platinums and diamonds need tickets but not sure about that.

Thanks for the info. 

On 2/16/2020 at 6:21 AM, Cruising_Addict said:

Just as an FYI, so you don’t get confused when you are onboard: Carnival stopped calling them “tenders” awhile ago. They are now referred to as “water shuttles.” Just thought I would mention it so that you are not looking for tender times in the Funtimes. What you will see listed are water shuttle times. 🙂

Been boating my entire life it's a tender, it's just nomenclature, exact same thing. Stop calling the ship a boat, stop calling a cabin a room, get it, same thing