Survey: Experiences with in-cabin beverages

handbellplayer

Here’s our plan for in-cabin beverages:

We are packing mini-bottles in our checked baggage (tucked in the nooks and crannies).

We are carrying on a duffle bag with bottles (eight or so) of diet ginger ale and diet tonic (neither of which are available on board). I hesitate to check a bag with carbonated beverages that may get thrown around by porters.

My husband is worried that 1) Our mini-bottles will be visible on the X-Ray and be confiscated and/or 2) the mixers will exceed what Carnival considers “reasonable†for soft drinks and they will be taken.

So help me out – has anyone EVER had carry-on soft drinks confiscated and has anyone EVER had liquor removed from checked baggage?

Thanks for you help.

Glory 5/1/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I usually carry on between a twelve pack to a case of Pepsi products, about 6 bottles of water and check-in some adult beverage. Have not had a problem yet.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Do a search. This is one of the top topics on all message boards. The vast majority will affirm that you can safely take pretty much whatever you want in whatever quantities you want. We take a case of beer, several bottles of wine and champagne, a bottle of rum and several 20oz bottles of Coke. We pack all of this in hard sided suitcase and check it.

No problem.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Wow, I haven't cruised Carnival in awhile. We have done NCL lately and they are super tight on their beverage policy. No booze, no soft drinks. We have had to be very clever in our smuggling techniques. But from this board, it sounds like Carnival allows a "reasonable"? amount to be brought on board without having to hide it. Is this true? If so, I'm sure glad we're doing the Destiny for our next cruise!

Dream 04

Sky 03

Fantasy 98

Ecstasy 91

Norway 89

Life is good

I didn't mean to be tiresome - I know this question has been discussed before. I can't get the search function to work. Most of the time folks on this Board are nice and patient about answering often repeated questions, so I thought I might have some luck....

Glory 5/1/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I've never had any liquor confiscated from my checked luggage. I have no first hand knowledge of anyone getting any confiscated either.

I always carry on soda as well.

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

We also took mini-bottles and pints in our checked luggage, as well as some plastic bottles of soda in zip-lock bags. No problem whatsoever.

At the different ports we bought additional 6 packs of soda and took them on board ship, as well as "gifts" of liquor that we were able to take straight on to our cabin. (we had it in a backpack and gift bags) The guys on the scanner never said a word about any of it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;11;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Destiny Easter cruise!

Archived