Flying into Ft. Lauderdale - Sailing from Miami

MCazer

We fly via Southwest, and they do not go to Miami. I have read that Ft. Lauderdale is not that far.

We are sailing on Sunday, Nov 26 on the Freedom, and will be arriving on Friday the 24th.

The Plan: Rent a car, drive to Miami, stay at a hotel for 2 nights, return the car, take a shuttle to the Port. Now, we have only done this when sailing out of Port Canaveral. I am not familiar with Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

My question: Anyone know what car rental to use? Is there one close to the port? Any suggestions on nice/somewhat inexpensive hotels? We do have Holiday Inn points to use, perhaps there is one someone could recommend.

Thank you to all that are familiar with this. If anyone needs helps with the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral thing, just let me know.

Thanks!

We are also flying into Ft. lauderdale due to airline costs. RT flight is under 200.00 from chicago to Ft. Lauderdale. Depending on the size of your group and how much time you have We choose to rent a mini van both ways. It gives us freedom to sightsee rather then sit in the airport waiting for our flight Plus we are flying in the day before. Sat-Sun cost $39.99 Sunday return from 8am-2pm $30.00.

With 5 people on this cruise renting a mini van is FAR less then any other options.

Just came across a promo code from Kissimmee Florida of

KISS2 for www.Dollar.com rent a car. (search google dollar rent a car promotion code)

I rented a mini van from FLL returning to MIA with free shuttle service to the pier.

KISS2 discount code Lowered my mini van rental $31.71 :eek:

This is for real you can see it for yourself at http://www.floridakiss.com/

Rent a car at participating locations in Florida and get one of the following great rates from Dollar.

• Economy: $29.99/day or $139.99/week
  • Compact: $31.99/day or $159.99/week
  • Intermediate: $34.99/day or $179.99/week
  • Full Size: $39.99/day or $199.99/week
  • Premium: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • Luxury: $59.99/day or $359.99/week
  • Minivan: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • Convertible: $39.99/day or $249.99/week
  • SUV Standard: $49.99/day or $299.99/week

Archived