Visiting Kennedy Space Center

essgee_ca

Sorry if this has been asked before - looked back at 10 pages and didn't see it.

Sailing on Oasis of the Seas in June.  First of port of call is Port Canaveral.  My friend and I want to visit the Kennedy Space Center.  We don't dock until 1:00pm.  Ship offers two different tours.  One seems to be a  guided tour and the other seems to be self guided.  Costs are about the same.  What would you suggest?  Or should we go with an independent tour?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by essgee_ca

I recommend you take the tour. 

You travel a different route to the KSC and avoid the general entrance lines and lines for the standard bus tour (included in standard admission). This will save a lot of time. You may also get to see a bit more of the active launch areas than the standard tour (your route depends on the actual rocket launch activity on the day of your tour - some areas are closed to the public during those times). 

You may also get to stay a bit longer (for some tours the KSC offer extra time to watch the IMAX films, etc).

10 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

I recommend you take the tour. 

You travel a different route to the KSC and avoid the general entrance lines and lines for the standard bus tour (included in standard admission). This will save a lot of time. You may also get to see a bit more of the active launch areas than the standard tour (your route depends on the actual rocket launch activity on the day of your tour - some areas are closed to the public during those times). 

You may also get to stay a bit longer (for some tours the KSC offer extra time to watch the IMAX films, etc).

Thanks.  Just to be clear, you're recommending the guided tour over the self guided?