It PAYS to keep checking prices: I JUST GOT A $640 CREDIT TODAY!

That's why we booked with them again for this summer's cruise. TA got us a $200 refund on our cruise last summer by checking the prices. I didn't even ask him to, he went upon himelf to check the prices. Says he does it for all his clients. Happy clients tell their friends he said.

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

You're probably on top of this, but I know your upcoming Grandeur cruise has been discounted as of yesterday because they changed the Freeport itinerary to Miami. Just a FYI...

hi all, Can you explain how i can check out if there is any discounts for The legend 20 May 2006 to Northern Europe from Southampton. We are U.K citizens and have paid our local TA the full amount last month. Does discounts only apply in the USA. Thanks very much for any help.

I spoke to my Travel Agent in the UK about this and she informed that RCI and Celebrity will drop the price if it falls.

It depends on when you booked and how much you paid. I am on the Galaxy T/A in May and I know that my price has gone up not down. I booked about 6-8 weeks ago and wanted a single occup. It was just an add on of £200 which was excellent.

You need to go to the RCI web site and just keep checking. If the price drops for your grade of cabin call your T/A and ask her to call RCI for you. Prior to looking at these boards I would have never know that such a situation would arise. I have always felt that it was just bad luck.

Good luck and I do hope that you get a price drop.

Sue

Thanks for starting this thread! (Getting lots of money back is a topic that doesn't really tire me, honestly) It hadn't occurred to me to try for a rebate, because we'd paid off the cruise, but I called last week and got $120 back. That's more than a few drinks!;)

thanks sue, (keela leva2].it was good to hear from a UK cruiser, i have looked on the RCI website, we are in a H cabin on deck 3. we booked in january and have paid in total £711-24p each that included £37-24p onboard service charge- is that prepaid tips- so i dont know exactly if the prices have changed. I am use to travelling solo on Hal ships, but it will be nice not to have the long flights to the USA, my sister has never cruised before - hence the shorter cruise from Southampton, many thanks for any information, and have a lovely cruise on the Galaxy. audrey

Very interesting subject for those who do not check in regularly ( until my Nov 06 sailing gets closer :) So, I booked through a TA - can I still call the RC 1-800 number *if* I see a price drop? How many times can you get a reduction if it keeps going down?

Also - you say your credit card was credited with the diff. Do you have a RC creit card or are you given ship credit? Thanks in advance

Congrats on your price drop! That happened to us on our last cruise:) -save about $160 per cabin. Unfortunately, so far we are not seeing any drops on our next cruise:( -as a matter of fact it has gone up over $200 per room since we booked. But I will keep checking!

WOW! I am so glad I read this thread. I just checked my rates on Sovereign in December and the price for the 3rd and 4th person dropped from $199pp to $109pp. A savings of $90 for per person. There are 4 of us in the cabin so they refunded me $180. YEA! Paid for my gratuities!

Does the entire rate have to go down to get a discount? What I mean by this is...I got the deal of $149 for the kids and pd $719 for us. If the 1st and 2nd rate goes down (say $650)and the kids go up ( say $349) (which I am sure they will), do I get my price discounted even though, technically it is more than I paid? Does that make sense?

How far out should you check for price drops? We aren't sailing on the Navigator until October 7th (D1 category). Also, do you check just the cruise fare price with or without the taxes and port charges? Example...the cruise fare is $810.00 for the 1st and 2nd with a total of $191.25 for taxes and port charges, so that comes to $1001.25. The cruise fare for the 3rd and 4th is $210.00 with the taxes and port charges being $191.25...so that comes to $401.25. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jacob,

We have booked our cruise for December and there has already been a price drop on our 3rd and 4th person fares. So it's never too early to check and besides what do you have to lose just for checking. With a little luck you will be suprised with a nice big refund!

Also, I believe the taxes and port charges don't change no matter the cost of the cruise. (Seemed odd to me too.) But ours didn't change even with the price drop. So you need to be looking at the actual cost of the cruise per person without all the fees. I hope this has helped. Good luck!

We had just booked on the Grandeur for the Legend because it at that time seem to be the cheapest 7 day cruise out of Fla....well kept checking and today noticed that we could snatch the Mariner for a superior balcony for only 300 more for the 3 of us and on the Legend much older ship not as much to do...and a superior inside room... Well I changed the reservation and still get to keep my 100 ship board credit ...I am happy...

I just loved the Mariner last year....this will be the first time for my 12yr old daughter..

Couple of weeks ago, I noticed a $3.76 pp price drop on our rates for a four-day cruise in October aboard the Sovereign. Contacted RCCL to get the new, lower price (every little bit helps because we've got 8 people going) which they said was due to a drop in the taxes.

Then earlier this week, I was checking our rates on the RCCL website (I do this ever few days), did a fake reservation and was pleasantly surprised to see our rates pp had indeed come down!

That's because RCCL is either offering or just offered a price break on the third and fourth passenger rates...my TA said our rates for a third person dropped $90! Another savings for me since I'm treating a group of family members to their first cruise as an early Christmas present.

It pays to check prices on RCCL and other sites fairly frequently. So far I've saved over $173 on our OV cabin.

Cindy

Hi everyone! We are sailing the end of April on the Serenade and at the time we were looking to book a cruise, we found a cabin and reserved it. The next day I found out about the Happy Hour sales that RCL has and that particular week, they were having one per day. As luck would have it, there was a special coming two days later for our ship and sail date. We booked it on that day the sale was in effect for and saved $300 per person.

My question is where is everyone checking the price? Is it from the cruie lines website, a travel agency or an online cruise company/travel agency?

Do you ever just call the cruise line and ask what the rate is? How does this work if your cabin category is sold out or gone to guarantee status?

In our case, I found the special listed on one website (which was not the company we had reserved the cabin through). I know that some people you deal with will keep an eye on that kind of thing for you, but I don't think it's the norm.

Thanks!

Susan

New to the RCCL board but am really enjoying this thread..

We are holding a balcony cabin (E1 I think) on the Voyager for Dec 9 sailing . Our total came to $1870 for three people..

My question is do you think that this is a prety good rate or should I wait until it gets closer to DEC as I have been told that this week is usually little slower than the rest of the year..

Thanks everyone!

How do you locate the new prices on the web page? When I search it shows the price for Oceanview, Interior, Balcony, or Suite. It does not show what the exact price for the different room categories are. Is there where everyone is checking the prices?

We booked in January for AOS 6/11/06. I noticed the price dropped on the RCCL web site. Called my TA and he said that they don't credit. I told him that it was done all the time as I had read Cruise Critic. He said he would check with the cruise line. He called back and I saved $388.80 on each of my two cabins. I got credit back on my credit card for one cabin and will get credit for the other cabin in one billing cycle. I have paid in full. I will still be checking as it could happen again. I am so glad for these boards you learn so much. Thankyou everyone.

We are going on our first cruise to the greek islands and turkey on 27 th August.This is my first visit to your site and I find it very interesting.We live in Switzerland and booked our cruise on the Splendour of the seas with a local travel agent.Does anyone know if Swiss travel agents also give refunds if there is a reduction in the price of the cruise ?:confused:

Is there anyone booked on the cruise with teenagers ?

Archived