Basic Questions Re: Luggage Forward

Navis

We have begun packing for our 2 week cruise on the Odyssey next month and am now thinking it might be worth mailing our luggage ahead! I understand that Seabourn has partnered with Luggage Forward and most of what I have read about Luggage Forward on here seems positive.  I do, however, have some basic questions to which I cannot find answers.  For any of you that have used the service:

1)  Do you need to attach those pre-printed cruise specific tags that came with the final cruise docs or will the Luggage Forward label and a general luggage tag suffice?

2)  Do you need to separately notify Seabourn of your use of Luggage Forward if you reserve directly online with the company?

3)  Any specific experience using this service to/from Barbados?  I would think each country/port might result in a different experience so anyone who has specific experience with the

Port of Bridgetown is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for any and all insights! 

We’ve used LF multiple times and have found it useful and reliable, though pricey. 

The answer to your questions 1 & 2 is no.  

Re Barbados— I don’t have first-hand experience shipping to or from this port. You’re correct that each port sets its own rules for unaccompanied baggage.  

Usually, when we’ve shipped bags to a ship, they’re in our suite when we embark. 

When we’ve shipped from a ship, we’ve sometimes had to accompany them through Customs before handing them over to a LF rep. In other ports, you just put the LF tags on the bags you’re shipping, put them outside your suite, and you don’t see or touch them until they arrive at your home.