Legends of PR

gquest

About a month ago I started doing research for my March cruise. I was initially interested in doing the Bio Bay Kayak tour, but later learned that the moonlight wasn't acceptable for my night in port.

After reading post on this board I decided to book with Debbie of "Legends of PR." I sent her an email inquiring about her refund policy and the feasibility of making it on time. She sent me a link to her cancellation policy (http://www.*****.com/confirmation_payment_privacy_policies.htm) and asked me to book the tour when I arrived if I was concerned about not making it on time (if space was still available). I was a little taken back by her cancellation policy, but after reading all the post on this board I decided to go ahead and book the tour anyway.

The next day, after booking the tour, I received an email from Debbie stating that my reservation had been cancelled and my credit card had been refunded. She told me to follow the instructions in her previous email (book upon arrival). I replied to her email as follows, "I would prefer to book in advance and not have to worry about whether or not space will be available, so unless you can guarantee that space will be available I would prefer to go ahead with the booking and take my chances." I waited and waited for her reply. After a couple days I resent the email and still nothing. Then last night I went on her webpage and saw that the date that I booked for was now full. I sent her another email asking her to honor my reservation and she sent the following response:

Dear George:

We are surprised that we had bookings on Monday, March 6th.

We have not been receiving bookings from cruise ship passengers on transit days (Mondays & Tuesdays) since January 16th for the months of January, February and March.

A voided transaction can not be undone. Our on line security system encrypts the credit card information and only provides the customer's contact information.

In addition, we are known to have theme oriented tours with personalized service and in small groups; for such reason, we no longer accept reservations for March 6th.

I would just like to say that I am completely shocked at how Debbie handled the whole situation. I have been on three cruises, booked every excursion independently, and I have never had any problems with any operators until now. This is bad business in my eyes. Caveat Emptor.

DH & I booked with Debbie a couple of months in advance from our Jan. 2006 trip. I responded several times with her by email and never had a complaint. I was concerned about being late for the meeting time, but I was given a telephone number in our comfirmation letter to call so we could catch up if not too late. We really enjoyed our tour with Debbie & would recommend it to anyone.

Phyllis

DH & I booked with Debbie a couple of months in advance from our Jan. 2006 trip. I responded several times with her by email and never had a complaint. I was concerned about being late for the meeting time, but I was given a telephone number in our comfirmation letter to call so we could catch up if not too late. We really enjoyed our tour with Debbie & would recommend it to anyone.

Phyllis

I wish the same was true in my case, but unfortunely it is not. I have never had a tour canceled on me like that. I wish I could have done this tour, but for some reason she decided to cancel my reservaton for some reason, not sure why. I did however find this post (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5615852#post5615852) which leads me to believe that she canceled on me becauce a larger party wanted to book with her. I guess it benefits her pocket, but it is definetley bad business in my mind and I am sure one day it will catch up with her. By the way, I am still trying to find something to do at night, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks:) !!

We did this tour with Debbie and had NO problems at all. We scheduled ahead of time and all things went very smoothly. Of all the reading I have done on these and other boards I have NEVER read anything bad about her tour. And believe me I am on these boards all the time.

Fow what it is worth department !! Frank

We did this tour with Debbie and had NO problems at all. We scheduled ahead of time and all things went very smoothly. Of all the reading I have done on these and other boards I have NEVER read anything bad about her tour. And believe me I am on these boards all the time.

Fow what it is worth department !! Frank

I also an vouch for Debbie and her tour. She was nothing if not accommodating to my family. It was a wonderful tour and I hope to get back to PR again soon and do the daytime tour!!! It is only one or two people who seem to have some kind of ax to grind. I have never read anything else bad about this tour in about 1 year of doing research for my January 2006 cruise.

Please understand that I am not questioning (gguest) comments about Debbie and Legends of Puerto Rico. I just find it hard to believe they had a problem.

We did a private 5 hour morning tour on 02/15/05 with Debbie and her driver and it was so wonderful and profesional that we are trying to do a part #2 with her when we are in San Juan 01/ 12/2007.

I am one that has lots of questions and had lots of emails to her. She was very prompt with the answers and explained things in detail.

Please understand that I am not questioning (gguest) comments about Debbie and Legends of Puerto Rico. I just find it hard to believe they had a problem.

We did a private 5 hour morning tour on 02/15/05 with Debbie and her driver and it was so wonderful and profesional that we are trying to do a part #2 with her when we are in San Juan 01/ 12/2007.

I am one that has lots of questions and had lots of emails to her. She was very prompt with the answers and explained things in detail.

Jim B: My problem was very real and if you require proof I can send you the entire email correspondence I had with her - I have it saved. This board is here for people to post their experiences, be it good or bad. There is no need to get defensive. I am not out to get Debby. I am just stating my personal experience.

Archived