Boarding times for Oceana

Josy1953

I have had an email from P&O telling us that everyone's boarding pass has the same boarding time for Oceana on Sunday and telling us the time that we should book by deck.  I am envisioning chaos in the terminal when lots of people turning up at 13:00 because they will have the incorrect time on their boarding pass and will choose to ignore the email.

We have priority boarding which is 12:30 according to the schedule that we have been given so hopefully we won't have a problem.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had an email from P&O telling us that everyone's boarding pass has the same boarding time for Oceana on Sunday and telling us the time that we should book by deck.  I am envisioning chaos in the terminal when lots of people turning up at 13:00 because they will have the incorrect time on their boarding pass and will choose to ignore the email.

We have priority boarding which is 12:30 according to the schedule that we have been given so hopefully we won't have a problem.

Interesting,we've not had an email although on the same cruise.

As Ligurian we'll turn up at noon(ish) and, like you, hopefully wont have any problems boarding early.

We'll both find out on Sunday! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

Interesting,we've not had an email although on the same cruise.

As Ligurian we'll turn up at noon(ish) and, like you, hopefully wont have any problems boarding early.

We'll both find out on Sunday! 

Obviously the situation will be different on Sunday, but three weeks ago we were on board by 12:10, and we are just common or garden cruisers.  We did, however,  meet a lot of cruisers who went out of their way to tell us exactly  about their Ligurian status! 

42 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Obviously the situation will be different on Sunday, but three weeks ago we were on board by 12:10, and we are just common or garden cruisers.  We did, however,  meet a lot of cruisers who went out of their way to tell us exactly  about their Ligurian status! 

Great you got on by 12:10 and I'm sure we all wish to get onboard as quickly and easily as possible.

Maybe you will beat us onboard on Sunday, your peninsular status or ours. Without knowing it we may be pushing past each other on the airbridge!

I may not be a prolific poster on this site but I think my earlier post was the first time I made any mention of our Peninsular Club status and it was simply to point out we will just turn up as usual and go with the flow.

We may let meet onboard and I think it's unlikely that Ligurian or other oceans/seas will pass my lips!

NoFlyGuy, you might have mixed up the posts..

It wasn't Josy, who will be onboard with you tomorrow that mentioned your tier, so no need to push past her on the airbridge.😊

You won't be able to nudge Wowzz anymore, he has absconded to Saga for his 100th birthday..😊

I hope you both have a fantastic time.

Andy 

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It wasn't Josy, who will be onboard with you tomorrow that mentioned your tier, so no need to push past her on the airbridge.😊

You won't be able to nudge Wowzz anymore, he has absconded to Saga for his 100th birthday..😊

Andy 

Not til next year Andy !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are on tomorrow as well - you're right, folks will ignore the 2nd email - might be quite packed at 12:30.(unless we get another mail telling us to come later due to the weather)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bee-ess said:

We are on tomorrow as well - you're right, folks will ignore the 2nd email - might be quite packed at 12:30.(unless we get another mail telling us to come later due to the weather)

We are in Southampton now and there is not much wind at the moment but we have not walked down towards the port so I am not sure what it is like there.  I am hoping that there are no problems for Oceana getting in tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

We are in Southampton now and there is not much wind at the moment but we have not walked down towards the port so I am not sure what it is like there.  I am hoping that there are no problems for Oceana getting in tomorrow.

Just walked along the Solent, it's a beautiful day, let's hope it stays that way. 

Have a great time Josy. 

Andy 

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I will  on Oceana tomorrow and I don't need anyone to.push past me on the Bainbridge, I am clumsy enough to trip without any help ☺️

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That may explain why, for my Aurora cruise in a few weeks time, my boarding card says 13:00 but my e-ticket says 14:30. You would think that they could manage to get something so basic correct.

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Not unusual for me. Occasional senior moments coupled with too much plonk and I completely lose the plot!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

VTS says Oceana is due at 2345 tonight ??

Ship Name Lloyds No Type Flag Estimated Time Of Arrival Dir Origin Destination
OCEANA 9169550 Passenger (MPR) GBR 22-Feb-2020 23:45 Nab Rotterdam 106
Edited by bee-ess