Just back from the Liberty

Miler Higher

Did u go to Harry's? Other posts have stated that the crew was not friendly - did you experience that at all?

where did you read that?? I have not yet ever seen that. if I ws to PAY for dinner and met with not good service I would not be paying and would want to see a supervisor.

But remember what is expected as good service to one person might not be the same to another. Some people expect crew to be their new best friends while they are on a cruise. Some will cut short a tip for a cabin steward coz he didnt joke around with them all week.

If you are getting served in a good timely manner and everything is almost perfection doesnt mean the staff ws unfriendly- maybe the wait staff in the supper clubs dont impose coz its a differnt dining venue-- unlike the dining room.

How was the Karaoke night(s) any good? Who hosted it?

I attended Karaoke on the Destiny and don't remember the hosts name but she did a great job. Never sang; just watched other people sing and listen to great tunes.

is there a band on deck during the day? and if so where are they located? i noticed in some of the pictures there was no stage on the lido deck.

thanks!

No stage on the Lido deck. Its on the panorama deck(10) right below the huge TV screen. You sit and listen to them while sitting on the Lido deck, but if you want to be right next to the bad just go up the stairs to the Panorama deck.

LIpanorama2.gif

NO NO Serene - I just re-read my post. It was 2 different questions.

First was How was Harry's supper club?

2nd was how was the staff on the ship- other posts have said that they seem overworked and unhappy.

Sorry for the scare!

4 days for you! How exciting.

Other posts have stated that the crew was not friendly - did you experience that at all?

I didnt notice that at all. Everyone was nice that I encountered. I do often wonder how "friendly" is defined. I just expect the person to do their job, not walk around with a fake smile. Im sure you will have an awesome time!

NO NO Serene - I just re-read my post. It was 2 different questions.First was How was Harry's supper club?

2nd was how was the staff on the ship- other posts have said that they seem overworked and unhappy. Sorry for the scare! 4 days for you! How exciting.

Whew!! scare is right. But new staff was changing hands. Seems like a lot of people in January were encountering crew members that were near the end of their contracts. I guess when we sail on Sunday-- we should be enoucntering a lot of new crew.. cruise director on his second week but John Heald has done the Liberty before and he is an old hat.

But I also stand by my original post when I say that lots of people do expect the crew to be their new best friend for the week..and when they dont spend time chatting up with you- this makes them unfriendly to certain people.

Me? As long as my room is cleaned and I am taken care of I am happy. I dont need to meet them.

Archived