Nespresso Machine on request

parmus

6 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Much better than Nespresso in my opinion. I bring senseo bags with me, better than the ship ones.

I don't drink coffee but my sister does and she HATED the Nespresso and the Lavazzo - we are in a Haven.  We are going to request a regular coffee maker next cruise.  Glad I don't drink it.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, mjkacmom said:

And on the bigger ships, it’s bigger bathroom balcony

On 2/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, TowerOrchard said:

AFAIK, the Nespresso machines are a Haven only perk. I've never heard of anyone getting anything upgraded beyond the Hamilton Beach. It never hurts to ask, but my strong suspicion is that the answer will be "no."

And I know this is a common gripe on here, but seriously... WHEN is NCL ever going to change the name of the mini-suite booking category? It is very confusing for people (especially newbies) who assume that suite benefits are included.  Calling it Balcony Plus would be more accurate and less confusing.

People need to educate themselves when booking a room.  I know exactly what a mini-suite is and what it comes with.  That’s why I asked about requesting a Nespresso.  It’s NCL’s term for a room they sell not my interpretation of getting special perks...

It's amazing what a tip to a steward will get you. Last cruise, I had a lumpy pillow. I left $5 and a note asking if she could find some different pillows. She came back with what appeared to be an entire Haven bed set. I bet a tip would help a coffee maker of choice find its way to the room.

I never trust those Nespresso machines and coffee in capsules. Especially when I am on a tour I expect premium service and its certainly not the coffee capsules. It looks cheap. Also I dont see a problem to have a regular coffee machine with beans in it. 
its a funny story but my wife used to take a few capsules from home (of her favorite coffee flavors). Weird story. 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, Russiamomm said:

Yes, they are real coffee.  And very good, if you get the right brands.  I work from home and spend the day going from my office to the kitchen to hit that wonderful little button on the Nespresso machine.  🙂 I was dreading not having it on the ship.  But it sounds like the Senseo pods will work. 

Question:  Do the Senseo's get stale?  The Nespresso pods are in plastic so they stay pretty fresh.  I'm thinking I should wait a while to buy the Senseo's since I'm not leaving until April 18. 

What are Senseo bags?