New York Question

Ken1

Gotta question for anyone who has flown out of New York around mid day!

I am looking at booking a flight from Richmond, Va to San Juan and the connection is in New York, I think Lagardia but not positive about that. I think the flight leaves about 1 and gets to San Juan at 4:54pm. Does anybody know if flights are normally on time from there??

Thanks,

I'm not sure that there is a "normal" day at La Guardia, given that all sorts of incidents can affect on time statistics on any given day. With that said, here is what one person reported for Nov. 13, 2000 (slide 8 at http://www.nextor.org/Odoni-Wye-Woods.ppt if you have PowerPoint). At 5 AM departure delays were essentially zero as one would expect. Delays began increasing until the largest morning delays occurred around 9 AM. Delays then improved slightly hour by hour, decreasing by about 20% at 3 PM. Delays then increased throughout the remaining of the afternoon reaching a daily maximum at around 7 PM which was about 30% higher than the morning delay. So, generally there is some improvement mid-day, but it certainly doesn't recover to zero. Remember that these statistics are pre 9/11, so they may be better today.

Thanks Sun Princess,

It looks like right now that delta charging $511 roundtrip but that is from Richmond, Va and I think it is going to Mco then to San Juan. I will keep looking and thanks for reminiding me about Delta. I hadn't thought about delta since they filed for Bankruptcy. But I think they will be flying for years to come..

Hey you got a Great Price Sun!!! WOW!

Archived