Miami port parking.

Anniexrec

I am leaving this Saturday for a Cruise out of Miami, I have parked before at the terminal ., I don't mind paying for the fees , due to the the safety of my vehicle.   This time traveling with my Aunt who is a  disable veteran , and I have read that if you have specialty tag , you will be exempt from parking fees.,   Is this correct and does anyone know the process.

Thank you. 

Edited by Anniexrec

From the Miami Dade official Port website:

Miami-Dade County Ordinance requires all guests with a disabled parking permit or license tag to pay standard parking rates except as provided by Florida State Law. However, two hours of complimentary parking will be provided to vehicles displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag.

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by a person who has a disability, or any vehicle displaying a State of Florida license plate for disabled veterans issued under s. 320.084, s. 320.0842, or s. 320.0845 or displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges.