Favorite tours in PV?

luv2travel2beaches

we did the tropical jungle tour through NCL, it was nice,

we rode a airconditioned bus through the mountains of mismaloya. all on the coast it was beautiful , we stopped on the way for some shopping and views to take pics and to meet some iguanas

and then we went to the tour , it s located where predator was filmed,very nice hike with fresh water waterfalls and rivers and pools, you can swim in, and theres a resturant there to eat, very good, it was included in our tour price of 50 per person

then after that we stopped in town to shop by the beach,

it was an awesome day !!! i can send you pics if you want

send me an email

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

melissa

We will be in PV for an entire week the end of April. We are used to being on the cruise ship and having lots to do and new ports to see each day. What are the best tours or things you did while in PV?

I guess I should ask what you like to do? Where will you stay?

Here is a low commercial content site designed specifically for first-time travelers to PV - http://www.vallarta-info.com/ It also has a link that takes you to the local PV discussion board.

This is one of Vallarta's commercial sites. It is a great info source for "stuff" to see and do. http://www.vallartaonline.com/ We use them for a couple tours each year. Very reliable. They list the tour operator near the top of each excursion. I often GOOGLE that name to see if they have their own site with expanded info.

Surf these sites and ask away. We'll be back again in early November.

We are mid 40's. Active but not in great shape. We like to do a lot of things. Sitting on the beach is ok, but we love to see and DO things a lot of the time. We will be staying at an all inclusive (Marival Resorts) in Nuevo Vallarta. (I won the trip on a local radio station....whoo hoo). We will be there for 7 nights and we would really like to have a variety of things to do. Thanks for the input.

We are mid 40's. Active but not in great shape. We like to do a lot of things. Sitting on the beach is ok, but we love to see and DO things a lot of the time. We will be staying at an all inclusive (Marival Resorts) in Nuevo Vallarta. (I won the trip on a local radio station....whoo hoo). We will be there for 7 nights and we would really like to have a variety of things to do. Thanks for the input.

OK – The Nuevo Vallarta area is beautiful and nearly all the resorts are all-inclusive. This is because the area is still so new that there is almost nothing to do outside your resort.

Vallarta Adventures is one of the few Vallarta based tour companies that have a large excursion office in Nuevo. A good number of their tours can be taken by reporting to the Nuevo office and then they take you down to the port or marina to join all the cruise ship passengers. Their web site is: http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

I can recommend -

Las Caletas as a combination beach/snorkel/ocean kayak excursion. (But, you may have all that at your resort)

Rhythms Of The Night. This is an evening trip to the Las Caletas beach area for a candle light dinner and Mexican cultural stage show.

Vallarta Adventures’ Day Sailing excursion. Small group sail with great food and snorkel/swim opportunities.

All Vallarta Adventures tour can be booked via the internet at a discount. The discount is available if booked before you arrive in Vallarta.

----------------------

Here is where being in Nuevo Vallarta can be a pain. Location, location, location. Nearly all other tours start in Puerto Vallarta itself and you are looking at $25-30 USD round trip expense by taxi. There is regular bus service into town for the more adventurous. Cost will drop to about $4-5 pp round trip.

You already have the Vallartaonline web site. PVMirror lists several tours that are often found on brochures in resort lobbies. http://www.pvmirror.com/toseedo.html

Tani Tours is a small operation that offers low-frills tours. Their TROPICAL TOUR TO THE SOUTH and JUNGLA TRIO offer reasonably priced overview of popular tourist spots. These are the land equivalent of the “Tequila, Town & County” ship excursion. They usually include a stop at a decent restaurant for lunch (at you expense) during the tour. The up side is their claim to do pick-up/drop-off service at your hotel. Will also drop you off in town after the tour so you can continue to do … whatever.

We like GERONIMO for a day sail to the Marietas Islands. Snorkeling there, swimming stop at a beach on the north coast and return to the port.

Many people like the evening dinner/show on the pirate ship MARIGALANTE http://www.marigalante.com.mx/

We will do this snorkeling excursion on the south coast when we come back this fall. http://www.chicos-diveshop.com/snorkel_tours/majahuitas.html

Most of all … Vallarta is a foodie’s paradise. The city itself is an excursion that changes every day.

We have two timeshares in Vallarta. One at the north edge of town and the other out in Nuevo. We only spend time out in Nuevo if it is the second or third week down there and we just want to veg and be pampered. Speaking of timeshares … Tourists are a cash crop in Vallarta and timeshare sellers are the sharks. The sharks are everywhere and they will eat the average tourist. They can be the friendly face that speaks English and wants to “help” you in the grocery store or just about every street corner.

Expect to be offered a free welcome breakfast at the Marival. This will be a timeshare presentation. You have two choices: 1) turn it down and run. 2) negotiate to see what they are willing to give you for your time. We have been given quite a few tours, significant discounts on tours and cash (as much as $300 USD) to sit through a presentation. They will tell you 90 minutes but expect it to be more like three hours. It’s all a matter of how you want to spend your time.

I think I may have rambled a bit here. Just hope you enjoy your stay and comeback again (to a resort closer to town).

Enjoy!

How did I ever forget them. Vallarta Adventures has a conopy tour. It leans toward eco tour (tree top-to-tree top) and the actual excursion site is located northeast of Vallarta.

The Los Veranos canopy tour (this link) is one of the most popular activities right now. Great flexibility for start times and a real thrill ride. 15 zip lines, some quite long and good height. The actual excursion site is located south of the bay. You get a nice ride along the eastern shore of the bay and get to see quite a bit of the countryside. Highly recommended & very safe.

Has anybody heard of, or done Tony Sanchez's tours? He does a 6 hour city tour for up to 14 people and other tours for the PV area. He seems very reasonable, but is he reliable and are his tours worth while? Any info you may have about this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Archived