Antarctica dining question.. Fridtjof Nansen

kimanjo

Under Whats Included, it says 3 restaurants, but in other information, I see that the 3rd is available for a fee or suite guests.  

Are all 3 restaurants available to all on the Antarctic expeditions no matter which stateroom category? Is the availability of all 3 Antarctica specific? Below is from the website for a November 2020 specific Antarctic sailing. Anyone have personal experience?

Voyage
•      Full-board expedition voyage aboard MS Fridtjof Nansen in a cabin of your choice
•      A choice of three onboard restaurants
•      All meals include beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water in all onboard restaurants)
•      Complimentary tea and coffee
•      Free Wi-Fi on board
•      Complimentary reusable water bottle made from aluminum to use at water refill stations located throughout the ship
•      No gratuities expected
•      English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities aboard and ashore

7 hours ago, Tony & Trevor said:

Passengers in cabin suites eat for free and non suite passengers have to pay if you use this particular restaurant.

Kind regards

Thats what I thought too, until I read their line " choice of three restaurants" under whats included.  Wouldn't they say something like "with fee for non-suite guests for X restaurant"? If it was only 2 plus the 3rd??

Oh I see what you mean. Well, try phoning them and the best of luck if you get a sensible answer. We are sailing with the Fram to Antarctica later this year and it just says in the bumf we can have our meals in the 'special restaurant' also breakfast in the cabin!!

We shall see.

Kind regards,

Tony

On 3/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, Paul S said:

Just  back from Antarctica on Roald Amundsen, the sister ship. There are 3 restaurants. One is fine dining, free to suite guests but 25 euros for everyone else.

Thank you very much.  How was the cruise??? 

Fabulous! Arrived back one week ago and still catching up on work. When I have some time free I will write a review. In brief, I will give 5 stars. I wouldn't belittle the issues on the early dates, but the teething problems appear to have been sorted.

5 hours ago, Paul S said:

Fabulous! Arrived back one week ago and still catching up on work. When I have some time free I will write a review. In brief, I will give 5 stars. I wouldn't belittle the issues on the early dates, but the teething problems appear to have been sorted.

Will be looking for it. Thanks. Can I ask if/when you post it, you come back to this thread with a quick heads up. I got husband to do a Lima to Santiago this past November ( which he did semi-reluctantly), now he is agreeable to Galapagos and Antarctica in no particular order. I would like Antarctica this November before he changes his mind 🙂