TV in Staterooms gaming DVD player Norwegian Joy

ksordi

We are leaving on a cruise on the Norwegian Joy in about 30 days. We have younger cruisers with us and are wondering what the hook ups on the TV are. Wondering if we can bring a portable DVD player or gaming system and it would work on this cruise ships TV in the stateroom. Anyone know? Or anyone going on the Joy soon that could check it out. From what I have seen on the boards is that on different ships the input ports on the TV are deactivated. Wondering if it’s the same for the Joy.

1 hour ago, ksordi said:

We are leaving on a cruise on the Norwegian Joy in about 30 days. We have younger cruisers with us and are wondering what the hook ups on the TV are. Wondering if we can bring a portable DVD player or gaming system and it would work on this cruise ships TV in the stateroom. Anyone know? Or anyone going on the Joy soon that could check it out. From what I have seen on the boards is that on different ships the input ports on the TV are deactivated. Wondering if it’s the same for the Joy.

On every NCL ship I’ve been on, it’s been possible to unplug the ship services HDMI line and use that, or switch to another port using buttons on the TV or a universal remote (I bring a small one). Sometimes it’s been a little fiddly but it has been possible for me on GA, BA, Escape and Bliss. (IIRC Bliss has Samsung screens, at least in studios, so the universal remote trick works.)

Edited by AlyssaJames