Lots of questions re: Carnival Panorama

GeocachingNut

On the Panorama

1) was wondering if magnetic hooks would work on the cabin walls?

2) can you only get eggs benedict in the dining room?  I know on HA  you can get them at one of the buffet stations.

3) I really like my HP sauce with eggs/hashbrowns?  Any chance it is available at least in the dining room if not at the buffet?  OR should I bring my own?

4) will they supply extension cords for a CPAP machine?  On a recent cruise with HA they did.

5) can you store empty suitcases under the bed?

6) do they have a library that you can borrow/sign out a book or is it a trading type library?

7) do they play "scavenger hunt" games using your cell phones?

Would appreciate any answers as we are going Mar. 14!  Thanks!

17 minutes ago, GeocachingNut said:

On the Panorama

2) can you only get eggs benedict in the dining room?  I know on HA  you can get them at one of the buffet stations.

3) I really like my HP sauce with eggs/hashbrowns?  Any chance it is available at least in the dining room if not at the buffet?  OR should I bring my own?

4) will they supply extension cords for a CPAP machine?  On a recent cruise with HA they did.

6) do they have a library that you can borrow/sign out a book or is it a trading type library?

1. Magnetic Hooks work

2. There are rotating benedicts at the buffet station, sometimes salmon, sometimes crab

5. Yes, plenty of space

6. Yes, and currently its pretty well stocked

Those are the ones I can help with, I don't know the answers to the rest.

1 hour ago, GeocachingNut said:

On the Panorama

We were on the Panorama 2 weeks ago.  We don't use CPAP,  but both the wife and husband in the cabin across from us (Havana Cabana Deck 5) did.  They showed us their cabin.  They used 4 extension cords that they brought from home for their 2 machines.  They said that there were no receptacle outlets available near the bed so they used magnetic hooks to support the cords running from the receptacle outlet on the desk, up the wall, across the ceiling, splitting into two runs down the wall to each side of the bed.  They were amazed that Carnival built a new ship without provisions to easily power CPAP machines that are used by many cruisers.  They were Diamond cruisers, so I assume that based on their prior cruises, they came prepared.

2. the eggs benedict on the buffet are like hard boiled eggs. What I love about a good bene is soft eggs and extra benedict sauce. 

4. bring your own and not worry about it, we always bring one, not for CPAP

Hi,

#2   In September I went to my 1st Sea Day MDR Brunch on a 4 Day Inspiration Cruise. I ordered the Eggs Benedict. Thankfully my eggs weren’t like hard boiled. But, not soft & runny either. I’d says the yolk was soft “creamy” with enough sauce.

I LOVE good old fashioned FRESH Hash Browns. But, it’s Carnival so figured they’d be frozen “stringy kind” H.B.    Nope.   They were Tater Tots but shaped into ohhh 2” round patties. I found that disappointing. 
     I also had the fruit ‘n yogurt Sundae. Normal. Which was ok with me.

I go on the Glory 7-Day Cruise next month. My 1 MDR Sea Day Brunch has got me curious as to how it will be on a different ship. Most likely the same, but I’ll give it another try. 🍳🤔

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

12 hours ago, GeocachingNut said:

On the Panorama

Mag hooks in the 25lb range will slide down the wall, but they work GREAT on the ceiling if you're tall enough. I've got some new 60lb hooks which would work either way.

Wife + I both have cpaps. I used to inform Carnival + they'd furnish ext cords (huge/heavy/clumbsy). They's also pull us outta line every time to make us hear the same speech about cpap use. We don't tell them anymore. We both carry 12 ext cords in our cpap case. One reaches from desk plug (duplex AC w/duplex USB on Panorama) to first night stand, second plugs into first + goes under the bed to second nite stand. This also gives you additional outlets at both stands. We simply unplug the first cord during the day cuz it is a trip hazard but far less than the cords Carnival furnishes.

Empty suitcase easily go under bed.

Yes on the library.

BTW, loved Panorama!!! Teppanyaki was fabulous, as was, JiJi's, as was Cucina capitano, as was Guy's Pig n Anchor, as was.....well, you get it. Loved the ship, loved the itinerary, fabulous cruise!!!

BTW, couple things different + CONFUSING on Panorama. First, there's a slot near the door you're supposed to put your sail n sign (or any card) into. When you leave the cabin, you pull the card + all the lights, TV, wall outlets go off. Nice unless you've got thing in there charging. I left a business card in mine, but my cabin steward kept pulling it out.

Second, the elevators are really confusing, there's NO buttons inside. When you get to the elevator station, go to any of the columns and enter the deck you want to go to. It will assign you to one of the elevators, go wait there. Some elevator stations have overhead boards which show the decks already assigned, but not all. It works pretty good once everyone gets used to them. But, it's utter chaos the first day.