Vibe Beach Club or Thermal Suite?

nycteacher

Hi everyone!  I'm booked for the August 20, 10 night Italy and Greece itinerary on the Getaway.  Here's my dilemma.  I'm up in the air about getting a Vibe pass or a thermal suite pass.  Being in the Med, I know it's going to be warm and sunny so being outside would be nice, plus having the private bar and a hot tub are added bonuses.  At the same time, the thermal suite has a larger hot tub, plus I'm staying in a studio, so being able to use the spa's showers in the morning could be a space saver. Not to mention the Med in August is super hot, so maybe staying indoors isn't a horrible option. What do you think?  I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

I prefer the thermal suite (and you can buy the pass online without having to rush). 

Sundecks are too hot for me, and I don’t drink.

Downsides or thermal suite: no bar, and if you’re sensitive to smells the chlorine (or similar chemical) smell in the spa can be strong at times. 

Thermal suite does have water, tea, fruit, etc. IIRC, the GA does have one of the nicer locker rooms with showers and changing rooms, but you need to bring your own washcloth or loofah. 

2 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

The showers in there are much bigger. 

But how is that a "space saver"? I understand they're bigger, but I don't see how showering in another location is saving a space. If anything I'd likely need to bring something extra to carry toiletries I need in the shower back and forth. 

12 hours ago, smplybcause said:

But how is that a "space saver"? I understand they're bigger, but I don't see how showering in another location is saving a space. If anything I'd likely need to bring something extra to carry toiletries I need in the shower back and forth. 

Since studios don't have a separate bathroom, the shower is actually in the living space.  I'd rather not have  a stateroom full of steam from the shower and getting everything damp, especially in the space next to the shower.   That's where I was coming from in regards to space-saving.   Plus the showers in the thermal suite are larger with more room to move around....not that I'm an aggressive shower-taker :-)

I've been in the thermal suite before, and have enjoyed it, but have never been to Vibe. I'm interested in hearing from folks who've done both, to hear pros and cons.

Thanks!

Med cruises are port intensive so not a lot of hanging around the sub deck if you leave the ship. Thermal suite will be waiting for you to soothe those tired legs, feet and backs.

Also the Getaway has a H2O for sun bathing with adults only.

Edited by Nola26