Carnival Air - Have you booked air thru them?

thunder_lin

We have our airfare booked through Carnival for our upcoming March 12th cruise. I'm getting a little nervous as we can't seem to get the air information out of Carnival through our PVP. She's tried several times. The problem is we are flying out of a small town in Canada and most or all of the flights out during March break are sold out.

How does Carnival book us flights if all the seats are already sold out. We have approx. 18 people travelling together. That's a lot of seats!

Does anyone out there have any experience with this or any knowledge of how it all works.

One of the husbands is a pilot who's trying to coincide some flights but can't at this point.

When will they release this information and will they release it only to the PVP?

Thanks for any info.

p.s. we went with Carnival because it was actually a couple of hundered dollars cheaper than booking our own air. Flying from small towns in Canada is super expensive.

If you read the fine print, Carnival doesn't guarantee that a whole group or even one family will be on the same flights when you book air with them. They also don't guarantee that you'll get to the ship on time or that they'll wait for you.

For those reasons and many more, we book our own air and usually fly 2 days in advance.

The fine print is in their glossy brochure.

It's excellent that you're flying in the day before. Then you have extra time in case of flight delays.

Since you're in a small town in Canada, this might have been the best option for you. For many people in the US, it's not the best way to get there.

I hope you have a great cruise!

We have our airfare booked through Carnival for our upcoming March 12th cruise. I'm getting a little nervous as we can't seem to get the air information out of Carnival through our PVP.

You air schedule will be released about February 9, 30 days prior to the cruise. Your PVP will not be able to see it in your reservation. He or she will have to contact Carnival's Air/Sea department to get that information.

My TA said I could find out 60-45 days out about my air details. Your TA needs to start making some phone calls to Carnival. It will work out! I am sailing on 6/12 and we booked air and hotel through Carnival. I'm not worried.:) My air was much cheaper through them BTW.

Booked cruise and air through Carnival for cruise on 04/23. Have not yet made final payment (due today). What if we wanted to cancel our flight through Carnival and book on our own. Would that have to be done before final payment is made, or can it be done afterward?

The reason we booked the air through Carnival is that this year we don't have the opportunity to fly the day before. My thought was that if we booked the air through Carnival and the flight was delayed there might be less hassle getting to the ship.

But, basically the question is, if I find a cheaper flight than what was quoted by Carnival can I/should I cancel the flight booked with Carnival.

THIS IS ALL SO CONFUSING!!!:(

Booked cruise and air through Carnival for cruise on 04/23. Have not yet made final payment (due today). What if we wanted to cancel our flight through Carnival and book on our own. Would that have to be done before final payment is made, or can it be done afterward?

The reason we booked the air through Carnival is that this year we don't have the opportunity to fly the day before. My thought was that if we booked the air through Carnival and the flight was delayed there might be less hassle getting to the ship.

But, basically the question is, if I find a cheaper flight than what was quoted by Carnival can I/should I cancel the flight booked with Carnival.

THIS IS ALL SO CONFUSING!!!:(

I think the air is non refundable or at least a fee is charged if you cancel after final payment. That is when the ticket is actually issued in your name. I am also flying in the day of and it's international and it was cheaper so it was a no brainer :)

We booked our air through Carnival direct and I am glad we did. We were told our flights 60 days prior to the trip. We had great seats, the shortest and most direct flights possible. When Hurricane Katrina hit and we couldn't return to NO and ended up in Galveston. Carnival was very responsible about getting us new flights. This didn't cost anything becasue we had originally booked everything through them so they took care of us. I will always book air fare with cruise compnay becaue of this incident. Other passengers who didn't book air through carnival were responsibl3e for arranging thier own tranportation.:eek: To me it isn't worth the 50-60 you save per person to worry about flights.

Well we cruise in 31 days and I checked with the TA today who checked with Carnival who checked with Air Transat (charter company in Canada) and neither has yet booked our seats. We still have no flight information and there is 18 of us flying out of a very small town in Canada.

Air Transat does not fly out of here. We have to fly to a larger centre like Toronto and then on to Ft. Lauderdale all during March break.

Not sure how all of it's going to work - they have me just a little nervous.

Any thoughts?

Well we cruise in 31 days and I checked with the TA today who checked with Carnival who checked with Air Transat (charter company in Canada) and neither has yet booked our seats. We still have no flight information and there is 18 of us flying out of a very small town in Canada.

Air Transat does not fly out of here. We have to fly to a larger centre like Toronto and then on to Ft. Lauderdale all during March break.

Not sure how all of it's going to work - they have me just a little nervous.

Any thoughts?

We have only booked our air with carnival direct. We have never used a T/A for various reasons. One of the reasons is becaue a travel agent seems to drop the ball periodically. The cruise line is probably giving them flak because you didn't book cruise and air through them(Carnival).

Cruise & Air was booked through Carnival by our TA. Our package was a resident special that we got in on that included air, inside cabin, overnight stay (if required) and all taxes priced out in Canadian funds that Carnvial was offering.

Hi there, we did carnival air before, and what they did because of the same reason you mentioned of booked up at march break, was they sent us down two days early and paid for hotel as well. We liked the idea because it gave an extra day to explore, this year we are doing air ourselves , but also are going two days early, kind of liked the idea

Air Ticketing is done 30 days prior to cruise departure.

We had a big discussion with our Carnival rep about air.

While you may be confirmed for air, and a night prior, there is no guarantee that is what you are going to receive.

I'd keep on the agent with whom you booked.

Carnival will book you to a flight................but they don't get you a seat assignment.............that is up to you or your TA to do.............if you don't get one assigned, then the airline might do it and you could be scattered all over through the plane or get to the airport aand have no seat assignments and look like stand-by pasengers.

Word to the wise, as soon as you have your flight info, call the airline for thr the seat assignments.

Archived