Coronavirus cax question

Shynook11

We are traveling with another family due to sail 3/14.  They are considering cancelling for fear of the virus.  We are going but was just curious if they can get their money back or apply to future sailing 13 days from sail date?  I think it’s crazy to not go... no way to live life.  Just curious carnivals stance on this 

Right that’s how I read that.  If I show up with a cold and they deny boarding , refund.  Not just because someone is panicked.  Personally I think it’s overblown at this point.  We’re in Florida going to Mexico.

• Like 1

I’m curious as to what will happen to the Mediterranean cruises that are up coming. We are booked for the end of May but I’m thinking there will be a travel ban by then with the rate of new cases in Italy. 

To the original poster:  I talked to our PVP today, she says Carnival is handling this on a case by case basis.  If your friends decide to cancel, I would have them call whoever they booked with, you never know.  I doubt they will refund, but worth a try.

Each person has to make up their own mind about cruising/flying, etc. right now!

We're not cruising until June mainly because of the virus, that's the right decision for us, others think differently.

We have plenty of offers, but they'll be available next year when this calms down! That's our thinking for us! 

BTW we have insurance for June, and will cancel if this virus is still showing up on cruise ships! 

Whatever your decision, stay healthy!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 8:21 PM, coevan said:

not sure what cax is, but go on your cruise. Can't live your entire life in fear. 

We are booked for a 3/14 sail date. My only reason to not sail is the fear of a quarantine. Not a fear of the virus. But actually not being allowed off the ship on debarkation day because one random person has a fever. 

• Like 2