Hotel/Transport Logistics

I need to book rooms for a group of 6, 2 adults and 4 young adults (16-19 yrs old). I've been reading the threads, call it overload or whatever, I'm getting overwhelmed. :( The six of us are flying in on buddy passes, which we means we fly standby and undoubtly will have staggered arrivals. I'm trying to figure out if it would be more economical to stay closer to the airport and then take one/two cabs in the morning of departure or if we should head straight in closer to the port as we arrive. If we stay close to the airport, will most hotels offer shuttle service from the airport to the hotel? Do any of them offer shuttle service to the port? Do any of the more economical hotels near the port offer shuttle service from the airport or to the port? I thought I had it all figured out, but then starting adding up the possibility of numerous flight arrivals and transport costs. And the fact that it is very likely that a couple of my young adults will be arriving without one of the adults. Safety is a concern. Any advise or comments to get my thoughts back in a coherent pattern would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean you have people flying standby for a wedding on a cruise ship? You can handle more stress than me!

Some ports (such as Fort Lauderdale and San Diego) are very close to the airport. In those places, as long as you're near one, you're not far from the other.

Stress isn't even the word. My daughter (bride) and future son-in-law will fly in Friday. He works for the airline, so they shouldn't have a problem. The rest of us will start flying in Saturday a.m., the cruise doesn't leave until Monday a.m., so we should be ok. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to work everything. Now I'm wondering if it would be best to rent a car and look a little further out for a reasonable hotel that will be close to activities for the other young adults. Not knowing the area makes it difficult.

Now I'm wondering if it would be best to rent a car and look a little further out for a reasonable hotel that will be close to activities for the other young adults. Not knowing the area makes it difficult.

What time of year? Reasonable is subjective because South Florida hotel rooms can fluctuate so much between peak and off season.

Archived