A Hint About the Tags

planb

We realize that there is times when your bags sits on the dock or with you and in the rain. We were lucky last time and they had others tossed over ours and they were protected. Than I saw the ones that got rained on and the writing was smudged, running and unable to be read you'd have to guess the name and room number OR OPEN the bags and hope for info. SOOOO my wife took clear packing tape and after they were all filled out clearly ,we taped over the info, all water proof now ! ( and they also have our regular tags with name and such) Guess my wife wants to be sure she gets to wear her own formal...

I had never thought about that.

We always fill in our info in pen but mark our cabin number in permanent RED marker in nice large print. I want to make it as easy as possible for the handlers to see where they need to go!

Another slick idea (which I am pretty sure I got from someone on these boards)---take off the flimsy elastic cords that come with the tags and attach them with small zip ties (sometimes called cable ties). You will need to be sure to carry something to cut them off with, as that is definitely the ONLY way they will be removed. (I think that the airlines are allowing small clippers and scissors again, so that shouldn't be a problem.)

The zip ties are also great for locking your lugguge.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

....still wishing she was back on the Valor (Dec. 2005)

I hate filling out forms/tags, etc. So I printed adhesive labels containing all the information requested on the tag - name, address, return flight information, cabin number. This worked really well when I had a guaranteed cabin. I just left the cabin field blank and had a sharpie to write the cabin number when the sea cap told me the cabin. No need to fill out luggage tags with the right color - just applied the labels. The sea cap was really impressed.

Big question.....I have read that you should not have your name and address visible on your luggage. I never really understood what good the luggage tags would do without your info on them. Does anyone safeguard their info somehow or just put it all on there and not worry?

Big question.....I have read that you should not have your name and address visible on your luggage. I never really understood what good the luggage tags would do without your info on them. Does anyone safeguard their info somehow or just put it all on there and not worry?

I don't, for the reasons you might guess. I keep my contact info in the sealed luggage tag that came with the luggage on a folded piece of paper, not visible from the outside. On the Carnival tags, I write my name and the Cabin # and nothing else.

I hate filling out forms/tags, etc. So I printed adhesive labels containing all the information requested on the tag - name, address, return flight information, cabin number. This worked really well when I had a guaranteed cabin. I just left the cabin field blank and had a sharpie to write the cabin number when the sea cap told me the cabin. No need to fill out luggage tags with the right color - just applied the labels. The sea cap was really impressed.

Hey Phyliss

When is your next cruise? Aren't you going in March. Carol and I are going on the Victory on 3-19. Tried to talk DH into going with us but he said no. So off we go without him.

Debbie

Archived