Specialty Resturant Reservations - Kids on Carvinval.com

Drinal01

Hi All:

Need some help.  As soon as we got confirmation that our cruise was booked I went onto the Carnival website to reserve my specialty restaurant days and times.

There are 20 different definition of what age qualifies for kid for excursions and on the cruise itself.  We booked two rooms adjoining.

I got all my dates and times for each restaurant (Did them all - Steakhouse 1st night, Italian and Asian).   When asked to make reservations for each room it had adults and kids so I choose one of each x 2 rooms.

Now I am reading that kids = 11 years old IF they order from the child menu.   I am ok with this but is this REALLY true?   If so, what is the best way to make the correction without affecting my reservations.   My 10 year old may..or may not want the kids menu.   Can I just tell the staff when we sit its fine to change the kids to adults?

Reservation Carnival.JPG

Here is the quote for Steakhouse from Carnival FAQ:   There is a nominal fee of $38 USD per adult and $12 USD per child, 11 and under (when ordering from the Kids' menu, available upon request).