Disney Guru Help Needed (Schedule and Christmas!)

slightlysilly

I'll start off by saying that I already know we are weird.  

We've been on three Disney cruises and LOVED the adult parts (Remy, Palo, Serenity Bay, etc.) but we were not so jazzed about the kid parts, or rather our tween (at the time) son wasn't super impressed.    Since our last Disney cruise we have cruised on other lines with the intention of getting back on Disney once our son turns 18. 

I'm looking at the right after Christmas Day 2021 Disney Dream (I know the official dates aren't out yet), so it should be going out on (Monday) December 27th of 2021 for a four day.  I have my TA looking out for it so we can put a deposit down.

Question #1 - The Dream is sailing on Christmas Eve THIS YEAR and the cruise is a four day which is going over the weekend.  Usually the Dream goes from Friday to Monday (three night) and then Monday to Friday (four night) but this year Christmas falls on a Friday and that is listed as a sea day.  Do they do that so there is no embarkation/debarkation on Christmas Day?  or is there another reason?

Question #2 - Which sort of involves question #1.   Is it possible, on a four day cruise, assuming the Remy champagne brunch is offered, to have Palo Dinner, Palo Brunch, Remy Champagne Brunch and Remy Dinner all in one four day cruise?   Is it something that could happen by going Concierge?  I know we would miss all of the MDR stuff and that is 100% our intention. 

Thanks for answering and I hope I'm making sense!

6 hours ago, slightlysilly said:

I'll start off by saying that I already know we are weird.  

We've been on three Disney cruises and LOVED the adult parts (Remy, Palo, Serenity Bay, etc.) but we were not so jazzed about the kid parts, or rather our tween (at the time) son wasn't super impressed.    Since our last Disney cruise we have cruised on other lines with the intention of getting back on Disney once our son turns 18. 

I'm looking at the right after Christmas Day 2021 Disney Dream (I know the official dates aren't out yet), so it should be going out on (Monday) December 27th of 2021 for a four day.  I have my TA looking out for it so we can put a deposit down.

Question #1 - The Dream is sailing on Christmas Eve THIS YEAR and the cruise is a four day which is going over the weekend.  Usually the Dream goes from Friday to Monday (three night) and then Monday to Friday (four night) but this year Christmas falls on a Friday and that is listed as a sea day.  Do they do that so there is no embarkation/debarkation on Christmas Day?  or is there another reason?

Question #2 - Which sort of involves question #1.   Is it possible, on a four day cruise, assuming the Remy champagne brunch is offered, to have Palo Dinner, Palo Brunch, Remy Champagne Brunch and Remy Dinner all in one four day cruise?   Is it something that could happen by going Concierge?  I know we would miss all of the MDR stuff and that is 100% our intention. 

Thanks for answering and I hope I'm making sense!

1)  Most likely due the holiday.  They don't want to be paying extra for the dock workers/customs/immigration people to work the holiday.

2)  Yes, you can book one each brunch or dinner in both Palo and Remy.  As long as there is a reservation slot open when you're looking.  If you're Concierge you're most likely to get everything.  I'll also just point out - that's a lot of food in a 4 night cruise, but have fun.