? on Cruise with Confidence - can it apply to RC? also celebrity flights?

LSKC

Not entertaining the thought of cancelling at this moment, we have 3 wks to make that decision - but IF we cancel... can this future cruise credit be applied to a Royal Caribbean cruise or only Celebrity cruises? Asking b/c our next vacation was going to be a family vacation and I think i'd rather have teens and tween kids on a RC ship.

Also - has anyone heard word on how they are handling flights purchased through Celebrity? Will we be out the $ on these if we cancel or will they also be rolled into a future credit?

Thanks.

No, FCC's can only be used on the cruise line issuing them.

I'll leave others to interpret, but this is what Celebrity says about flights:

Q. Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

A. Yes, if you booked air through our Flights by Celebrity program and now wish to alter your plans, you can do so with confidence. Celebrity Cruises will handle all re-accommodations and we’ll cover any change fees; you will be responsible for any additional charges. 

If you booked your air independently, or purchased a non-refundable option through Flights by Celebrity, please reach out to your air carrier for assistance with cancelling or changing your flight accommodations. We will not be covering any change fees for air purchased independently.

5 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Not entertaining the thought of cancelling at this moment, we have 3 wks to make that decision - but IF we cancel... can this future cruise credit be applied to a Royal Caribbean cruise or only Celebrity cruises?  Thanks.

The FCC is to be applied to the cruise line you initially booked with.  😊 

10 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Not entertaining the thought of cancelling at this moment, we have 3 wks to make that decision - but IF we cancel... can this future cruise credit be applied to a Royal Caribbean cruise or only Celebrity cruises? Asking b/c our next vacation was going to be a family vacation and I think i'd rather have teens and tween kids on a RC ship.

Also - has anyone heard word on how they are handling flights purchased through Celebrity? Will we be out the $ on these if we cancel or will they also be rolled into a future credit?

Thanks.

Flights coverage is vague. Seems X will try and cancel, but you are responsible for any fees regarding cancellation.  Spoke with 2 airlines yesterday and they are buried with cancellations. Making an airfare cancel sooner than later if you do not fit into the airlines change/cancel policy might be better.

As for teens and younger - go during a holiday or summer to Alaska and there will be lots of kids. If teens are older teens they will find others and sort things themselves.

1 hour ago, Texed said:

The FCC is to be applied to the cruise line you initially booked with.  😊 

ok that is what i figured but thought maybe there was a chance since they are both under the Royal Caribbean umbrella. 🙂

I was hoping if we cancel our flight costs would be returned to our credit card and then the FCC would be available to rebook when this all blows over.

We cancelled our air yesterday that was booked thru Celebrity Air program.    The credit will go to our credit card and the change cancellation fee was waived.   We were booked on a cruise that had major changes that allowed for cancellation with future cruise credit.

Hope that helps.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, LSKC said:

I was hoping if we cancel our flight costs would be returned to our credit card and then the FCC would be available to rebook when this all blows over.

Anything booked through the cruise line will be covered under the FCCs, so air booked through the cruise line, drink packages, excursions, etc is all supposed to be covered

2 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Anything booked through the cruise line will be covered under the FCCs, so air booked through the cruise line, drink packages, excursions, etc is all supposed to be covered

That would be perfect if true. I've not checked further as we are not at the point where we have made decisions. I really don't want to cancel. Our flights were booked with Celebrity but they were non-refundable so I'm not sure...

10 hours ago, LSKC said:

That would be perfect if true. I've not checked further as we are not at the point where we have made decisions. I really don't want to cancel. Our flights were booked with Celebrity but they were non-refundable so I'm not sure...

I just looked it up and refundable flights will be rebooked by Celebrity; for non-refundable flights, whether booked through Celebrity or independently, it says to contact the airline directly for assistance.

We canceled yesterday... purchases made after booking (paid by credit card and obc) will be refunded. Of course, the obc won't matter but at least those purchases won't be part of the FCC. 

We are waiting to cancel our independent flights... the change fees are more than the ticket cost on our return flight so it makes zero sense to cancel that one now. We have until May to see if the flights get canceled or the airlines loosen up their policies, too.