upgraded-now wrong deck tags

vamcd

we upgraded to a balcony on 2/19 conquest and now we have the wrong deck tags. no response from carnival on how to get new ones. TA says to just cross it out and write new deck, or ask for nerw ones when we get to port. but we hand the luggage over and i have never seen the porters have a supply of luggage tags. i can forsee the luggage going to the wrong deck and just sitting until porter looks at the cabin number. has anyone else run into this problem. thanks for suggestions......12 days to go..........

They will have them for you. The Porters will check the manifest and then will get you some tags.

We were on a cruise out of Tampa and had upgraded to a suite after getting our documents. When we got to the port, they supplied our new tags. One thing I would do different is have all the info typed up on a label to slap on the tags. We hadn't done that and ended up filling them out by hand. Wasted a whole 5 minutes of ship time. ;)

Have a great cruise.

Hi , I too am in the same situation as of yesterday, for our cruise on the Triumph on March 4, and also wonder how it works, carnival told my TA not to worry, just change the # on the current tags, but I can see our bags going to end up 6 floors away.

Thanks for any help.

Each decks tags are a different colour. Although I have never participated in the process, I would imagine luggage sorting for delivery would be a somewhat colour based system. Putting the wrong colour tags on your luggage, even with the correct cabin number would only serve to delay luggage delivery.

Best to take a couple of minutes at the pier and get the correct tags.

JMHO.

Had thisi exact thing happen to us on our Dec. sailing on the Victory. It's no problem at all...the porters have tons of tags....they will give you the proper tag....fill in the correct info and be on your way !!

I would take the time to get the proper color tags...I was also told to just scratch out and put new room number in...but I didn't trust that the baggage sorters wouldn't still look at the color of the tag first,take it to the wrong deck etc. and it would be midnight before I got my bag.

Have fun on your cruise!

As others have said, the porter will supply you with new tags at the port. Just let them know.

And it does save a LOT of time to print up some address labels to put on your tags. We did this last October cos we had a guaranteed room and no room assignment yet.

Twice we have sailed with the wrong tags. Once was a TBA that we didn't know our cabin till check in and those tags made it real to our room early. The other time was an ugrade that wasn't issued till two days before the cruise, again the bags made it there early.

we upgraded to a balcony on 2/19 conquest and now we have the wrong deck tags. no response from carnival on how to get new ones. TA says to just cross it out and write new deck, or ask for nerw ones when we get to port. but we hand the luggage over and i have never seen the porters have a supply of luggage tags. i can forsee the luggage going to the wrong deck and just sitting until porter looks at the cabin number. has anyone else run into this problem. thanks for suggestions......12 days to go..........

I had the same problem and on the Conquest. I took the advise of those here who said to print up the address labels. You can use the incorrect ones as a guide as to what information and what size you can use. I did print the room number very large and in an easy to see color. When we arrived I told the porter I needed new tags, he pulled them out of his pocket and I put the labels on. ( He loved that idea ) It only took a minute and we were on our way! Don't worry about it....Have fun on your cruise, you will love the Conquest.

We were on the Paradise last February. The porter did not have enough of the right tags to replace our old ones. Make sure, even if you have to wait, to get the right tags. As the tags are colored for the right decks, there most likely will be a delay if they are not correct. Two of our bags were delayed, one being my DH golfclubs which showed up after late dinner. To say the least he was not happy. Enjoy and have fun! We are Miracle bound in June of 2006!

on the glory last year we had the TBA grey tags and filled them out even though we expected new tags from the porter.. He just gave us a black magic marker and we wrote our cabin number on it real big.. we went and ate and were bad and went to our cabin before the 130 requested time and they were already there. I think it is just a luck of the draw on when you get your luggage regardless of your tag.. they sort it out on the dock and throw it (literally) into a bin corresponding to your deck number...just my experience take it for what ya want ;)

Archived