labadee question

taminark

our kids want to do the water park and slide. we booked these on line for 11:00 because you had to pick a time. I know they are going to want to do the water iceberg thind for more than one hour but the excursions section on-line will not let me pay again and book for another tome during the day so there would be 2 hours. do they do this by the hour or are the times listed just to help it from getting crowded? do they make your kids leave the area at the end of the time? the water park/iceberg area has times listed as 10am, 11am,12am,1pm,2pm etc.

our kids want to do the water park and slide. we booked these on line for 11:00 because you had to pick a time. I know they are going to want to do the water iceberg thind for more than one hour but the excursions section on-line will not let me pay again and book for another tome during the day so there would be 2 hours. do they do this by the hour or are the times listed just to help it from getting crowded? do they make your kids leave the area at the end of the time? the water park/iceberg area has times listed as 10am, 11am,12am,1pm,2pm etc.

When we were there in December, we had the first time slot for the aqua park, which was I think 9:00. You are alloted 50 minutes, but nobody ever requested that we exit. There were six people out there for the 9:00 slot, which was wonderful. DH, DS10 and I had gotten out, but DS13 stayed in for at least half an hour extra and nobody said a thing. It was not crowded at all. There is only one ship there at a time. If they are particular about times on the day you are there, I'm sure they will let you book again while you're there. They'll just put it on your Seapass.

Caution: you may see jellyfish in the aqua park. There was one a foot from me, which freaked out my 10 year old. Also, watch the underside of all of the floating stuff out there in the aqua park. When we were there, the bottoms were covered with thick green slime (algae?). In my opinion, they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The log thing that spins when you try to walk on it was disgusting on the underside, and we all opted to bypass that. The only thing not slimy was the water-totter because I think people are constanly flipping that thing over. It's tricky!

As for the slide, the price you pay for the slide is to ride all day.

Also, Luc's Splash Bash is $5 for a two-hour period, but the guys working there said that my kids could come and go as much as they wanted all day. That was not crowded either but is geared mainly for younger kids.

Luc's Splash Bash is not where the aqua park and slide are. Also, the beach near Luc's is where you need the aqua shoes -- very rocky.

Archived