One Way Airfare from Hawaii to San Diego

seasonedtraveler

Thanks for all of your helpful replies --- confirmed w/NCL that the transfer made thru them is $65/person to SD Airport, so now I am looking at less expensive alternatives. Regarding airfare, I actually LIVE in Hawaii, so all I am looking for is a return flight back from SD to Hawaii! One-way fares are HORRENDOUS, so my idea is to use frequent flyer miles on hawaiian Air since they offer flights from SD (one-way) for only 20k miles. I am still a little WARY about being at sea for 6 days...longest I've done is 2 days, and the sea was quite rough, esp during the nights, so it was difficult to sleep. If anyone has input about crossing the Pacific during this time of year, I'd love to hear your "words of wisdom"!

I just booked a one way cruise from S.F. to Hawaii on the Pride of Hawaii, so I was in the same situation as you with one way airfare. Check the Sunday travel section of the honolulu advertiser for one way fares. Or book a round trip ticket, they are around $300. Or use the frequent flier miles, maybe you can take advantage of stopover rules to visit somewhere else on the trip as well.

Thanks for all of your helpful replies --- confirmed w/NCL that the transfer made thru them is $65/person to SD Airport, so now I am looking at less expensive alternatives. Regarding airfare, I actually LIVE in Hawaii, so all I am looking for is a return flight back from SD to Hawaii! One-way fares are HORRENDOUS, so my idea is to use frequent flyer miles on hawaiian Air since they offer flights from SD (one-way) for only 20k miles. I am still a little WARY about being at sea for 6 days...longest I've done is 2 days, and the sea was quite rough, esp during the nights, so it was difficult to sleep. If anyone has input about crossing the Pacific during this time of year, I'd love to hear your "words of wisdom"![/quote

Southwest recently bought a stake in ATA, and you can book through the Southwest website, www.Southwest.com. They have one-way bookings at no additional cost.

Archived