How long for Carnival to process refund?

Bell Range

We cancelled our cruise with Carnival eight days ago after final payment.  We used our TA to cancel.  We are still awaiting a refund to our credit card.  Does anyone have any insight to the time it takes for the refund to appear on the cc?

39 minutes ago, Bell Range said:

We cancelled our cruise with Carnival eight days ago after final payment.  We used our TA to cancel.  We are still awaiting a refund to our credit card.  Does anyone have any insight to the time it takes for the refund to appear on the cc?

I saw on another site it was about 90 days

I tried to cancel online through the webpage. It looked like the cancellation went through but I never got any email or confirmation showing what my refund or cancellation charges would be. I need some kind of confirmation to show to my travel insurance company. 
anyone else recently cancel online?

and what about the FCC for those that were originally booked in April ?

I cancelled 2 cruises.  I received an email confirmation for one but not for the other.  This was done on Wednesday.  Both were before final payment and with a refundable deposit.  So there was no penalty. I think their system is having trouble handling the volume. 

By the way when we cancelled a cruise before it did not take 90 days to get a refund.  The one cancellation letter I received Wednesday says that it will be refunded in 10 to 14 business days.  Previously it was refunded in about 3 business days but I imagine they are swamped and wouldn't expect it until closer to the 10 to 14 business days.  That would be 2 to 3 weeks.

42 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I cancelled 2 cruises.  I received an email confirmation for one but not for the other.  This was done on Wednesday.  Both were before final payment and with a refundable deposit.  So there was no penalty. I think their system is having trouble handling the volume. 

By the way when we cancelled a cruise before it did not take 90 days to get a refund.  The one cancellation letter I received Wednesday says that it will be refunded in 10 to 14 business days.  Previously it was refunded in about 3 business days but I imagine they are swamped and wouldn't expect it until closer to the 10 to 14 business days.  That would be 2 to 3 weeks.

I have an update to this post.  Just a short time ago the credits for the cancelled cruises posted to my American Express credit card.  That only took 2 days. 

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Bobby furches said:

We had a death in the family and they would not refund us our money only cruise credit.how do u get refunded??

My condolences for your loss.

If you look at the original posts talking about refunds, those were made in March 2020 - in other words, when the world shut down and no cruises were happening. I do not believe that refunds are an option anymore, only future cruise credit.

3 hours ago, Bobby furches said:

We had a death in the family and they would not refund us our money only cruise credit.how do u get refunded??

The other posts were about the cruise line cancelling the cruises during the shutdown not  due to a personal situation

I know it's a different type of refund but if you have money on your account at the end of the cruise, they will mail you a check if it's over $10, and that check usually arrives a week to ten days after the cruise.

14 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

I know it's a different type of refund but if you have money on your account at the end of the cruise, they will mail you a check if it's over $10, and that check usually arrives a week to ten days after the cruise.

Not for a cancellation

More information is needed.  Carnival doesn’t automatically refund the cruise fare because of a death in the family.  Was the deceased person traveling on the cruise? Did you have insurance?  If so, the refund would come from the insurance company as long as the deceased was a close relative as defined in the policy.  If no insurance, it would be generous of Carnival to offer future cruise credit. My condolences on your loss.

Posted (edited)

Several years ago we had to cancel a cruise onthe Vista two days before departure due to my Wife suffering a very severe  hemorrage in her right eye. We had purchased the trip insurance through Carnival.

Carnival did require a letter from her Opthamologist. After that we received a full refund for thr ctuisr costs, port fre, etc.

Carnival  refunded our pre-paid excursions, gratuities and drink package fees almost immediately affter we camcelled. The cruise refund took app. 2 -3 weeks.

Edited by dan4182