Room Guarantees

It depends. When I switched to Brilliance about 3 weeks ago (well after final payment), I booked a guarantee and was almost immediately assigned a cabin. Other people aren't assigned until right at sailing, and some don't find out their cabin number until they get on board.

:) My husband and I booked our cruise about 6 mo. ago and received our cabin location almost immediately. I then looked on-line and found that it was not one of the new ones (on Enchantment OTS) so I called our travel agent and she was able to get us assigned to one of the new ones. When I filled out my on-line paperwork, that is the cabin # that printed.

How long does it normally take to receive a room assignment on a guarantee after final payment is made?

Just keep watching your reservation on RCI's website. My stateroom was posted within about 24 hours of payment being made.

It varies cruise to cruise...and for good reason...

The reason cruise lines offer "guarantees" is that it gives them flexibility in selling cabins...They like to leave some lower priced cabins always available so they can continue to offer what looks like "deals"...

The guarantees let them shuffle people around so they can offer various categories...

But marketing strategies depend on how the cruise is selling...If the ship is sold out...or selling like hotcakes, they can go ahead and make assignments...especially if it is sold out and past the final payment date...But, if the ship still has vacancies past the final payment date, they may hold out longer before assigning cabins to see what they can sell and at what price...

So, yes, I've found out my "guaranteed" cabin as early as nine months prior and as late as 3 weeks before the cruise...I already have my guarantee cabin assignm,ent on my July cruise, but I don't yet have one on my April cruise...

Curiously, I just checked the website and my Cabin # has just been posted...

I had booked a "Z" guarantee (guaranteeing only the worst possible cabin)...and was assigned #6561--still an inside cabin, but, basically, midship on Deck six--a very convenient location...

The Monarch has a very strange layout...

All of the Cabins are to the Front of the ship, the public rooms to the rear...

Deck Six is called the "Tween" deck...It goes only half the length of the ship and is a half flight of stairs down from Deck 7 and a half flight up from Deck 5...The Showroom, bars and shops are all on Decks 5 and 7, the Dining rooms, on 3 and 4...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived