Our South America Cruise - 22 Jan 2006

dileep

I did a lot of research on Cruise Critic. Many of the ideas came from BC Happy Gal who took the same cruise in 2005 and was also kind enough to answer my emails.

I meant to ask you if you was doing it again, what did you miss?

Also, just how cold was it at the Cape?

My email is bcawley238at aol.com, if you have BC Happy Gal's address.

Again thanks for all your fine info.

I meant to ask you if you was doing it again, what did you miss?

Also, just how cold was it at the Cape?

My email is bcawley238at aol.com, if you have BC Happy Gal's address.

Again thanks for all your fine info.

It is hard to say what we might have missed. We were very pleased with what we saw.

Cape Horn was very windy and in the mid 40's. Needed my winter cap!

Her info is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=141730

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello: I read your posting that you went on a south america cruise that we are embarking this December. You mentioned that you had a private excursion Puerto Madryn to see the penguins at $ 50 per person for a group of 4.

Can I please ask 1) the name and contact # for this company? 2) what type of vans or vehicle were you in?

Thanks,

JTBK

Sorry, I missed your question. The vehicle was a small bus that could have held 10 people easily. They misquoted the price of $50 per preson for two people, instead of the normal minimum of $200. The agreed to keep their promise, but were happy when we added two more people.

Scroll up on this thread to find contact info.

• 2 weeks later...
Celebrity Millennium Cruise – Buenos Aires to Valparaiso

This 14-day cruise was our fourth cruise, third on a Celebrity Millennium Class ship. We enjoy our balcony and this time we had one on Deck 8 on the starboard side at about mid ship (8074). We enjoy cruising with Celebrity and this cruise exceeded our expectations!.

We spent 3 days in Argentina before the cruise and 2 days in Chile after the cruise.

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. The itinerary is great. The ship is in good condition and we did not experience any bad odor that some had reported previously. The service was excellent. We were very lucky to have great weather. We hardly saw any shows, so we cannot comment on them. We chose to enjoy our balcony with an after dinner drink (usually wine that we picked up in a port) instead. We would highly recommend this cruise.

I will post pointers to pictures when I get home. I am posting this from the Admiral's Club Lounge at Santiago airport.

Next few mesages have details for each day, including pre and post cruise tours.

All our excusrions were private and benefitted from information posted by previous cruisers at this site. Hope you find this to be useful.

– Dileep & Ann Bhandarkar

Enjoyed reading all the details about your trip. Where did you find the guides for your shore excursions? It sounds as if you made private arrangements for most of them. We are especially interested in a day in Valparaiso/Santiago and one in Buenos Aires.

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed reading all the details about your trip. Where did you find the guides for your shore excursions? It sounds as if you made private arrangements for most of them. We are especially interested in a day in Valparaiso/Santiago and one in Buenos Aires.

All guide names and contact info is somewhere in this thread. Scroll through and you will find it!

Dileep:

I just want to thank you so much for posting such a detailed review. I've used nearly all of your suggested providers. We leave in 12 days on Infinity and can't wait. I will post my review on return in hopes of helping other future travellers.

Brenna

Could you tell me the name of the tour agent you used in Montevideo and a contact email address? We will be on similar tour this January on Infinity. Also, did you like the GV Stein tour and who gave you the tour?

err

Could you tell me the name of the tour agent you used in Montevideo and a contact email address? We will be on similar tour this January on Infinity. Also, did you like the GV Stein tour and who gave you the tour?

err

Marta's email address in MV is in an earlier post in this thread along with the other tour operators we used.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=5782916&postcount=53

In Puerto Montt, Gail drove and Veronica was our guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the great information - we're doing this trip Feb 25th and I can't wait. You said that you found a guide in Port Stanley, Gerald (?). Do you have any idea how to get a hold of him? He sounds so interesting and my husband would love it.

Thank you for the great information - we're doing this trip Feb 25th and I can't wait. You said that you found a guide in Port Stanley, Gerald (?). Do you have any idea how to get a hold of him? He sounds so interesting and my husband would love it.

Gerald Cheek does not actively do email. We found him at the dock with a sign. He is retired and does this more for fun than the money. He was director of Civil Aviation for 20 years at the airport in Port Stanley and was captured during the war. Very interesting guy. Send me your email and I can send you his picture and email address if I can find it.

His photo is at http://www.horizon.co.fk/fira/reports/ukbisley2000.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All:

I am dizzy from reading all the posts (wonderful information) but I am stuck and have tried to locate info on tour companies and guides in San Martin. To combine a tour to Islas Ballestas & Paracas Reserve. Some others are checking and I have not heard back from them. And, as I am sure, most of you know how hard it is to sit and wait. LOL. I would appreciate any and all information about tours, tour guides, tour companies and experiences. Thanks again.

Marianne

Hello All:

I am dizzy from reading all the posts (wonderful information) but I am stuck and have tried to locate info on tour companies and guides in San Martin. To combine a tour to Islas Ballestas & Paracas Reserve. Some others are checking and I have not heard back from them. And, as I am sure, most of you know how hard it is to sit and wait. LOL. I would appreciate any and all information about tours, tour guides, tour companies and experiences. Thanks again.

Marianne

You stumped me. I know nothing about the the places you mention. Sorry!

Archived