Joy April 19 Repo cruise Los Angeles to Vancouver

Luckycruising

I am booked on the Los Angeles/Vancouver repo trip but once the coronavirus  showed up, I decided not to go.  I worried about going to LA. staying there for a few days and visiting tourist attractions while the infected numbers soar. I am a healthy senior, but for my own safety have decided to self isolate at home for the duration of the pandemic. I still have a Haven 2 bedroom booked so feel terrible not to use it. I have Platinum status with NCL and look forward to many cruises in the future, but for now, no.

• Like 1

I'm booked on this mini-repositioning cruise and a Seward-Vancouver cruise in early June but seriously, neither cruise is possible now due to the Canadian port closure (among other factors). I've cancelled my travel arrangements and am just waiting for NCL to officially cancel the cruises.

They're both still available for booking, but I assume that will be shut down by the end of next week. (they presumably have more pressing matters to clean up first)

The healthcare situation is being reported in the local Seattle Press as becoming somewhat problematic. I would suggest that the Port of Seattle would not exactly be welcoming to large numbers of people arriving from another hot spot (LA), and could deny the ship entry. The same could also happen if the virus gets a foothold in some of the small Alaskan towns, where they have little to no healthcare at the best of times. They will self isolate.