Ideas on Alaska cruises before July

Banditswife

Haha, we are scheduled on the first cruise of the season leaving from Vancouver. A member of our FB group posted the question to John Heald and he said he would have more info Monday. 

I'm curious for an answer and currently backup planning a wester Caribbean for the same dates in just over a month, or a different Alaskan offering in July if my wife is unable to get work sorted out. 

36 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

They won't know for a while - this all depend on how the virus plays out and when the ports open. That will not be known on Monday.

I'm aware. However given that it’s beyond the 30 day hiatus, I’m inclined to think they have more info than I do. The port closure was announced Thursday or Friday, so not much time for CCL to get those cruises cancelled. I’m fully anticipating it being cancelled, but I’m waiting to see what they do. I booked in April because the Alaskan cruises are cheaper than the ones in June and July. The same room thru July is $700-800 more. That pays for our float plane excursion. We are planning on starting our family next year, and decided we were not flying cross-country with a kid younger than 7-8, so for us, Alaska was this year, or 2030. It still is. 

If we can’t accommodate work schedules to go in July, we can get a balcony for a western caribbean for the same price! If we can go in July, I need to know if we will have to cough up the extra $700 that room currently books for over what we have paid. 

22 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You won’t be cruising Alaska before July, forget it at this point. I’m hopIn to make my Alaska cruise for August at this point. 

Are you sure about that? Where did you read or get this info, it's only because I have one scheduled for June 2.  Oh, I hope you are wrong... but I do have a feeling you maybe right too.  If you can share any info on this please let us know.  Pretty please!

27 minutes ago, Diggerof4 said:

Are you sure about that? Where did you read or get this info, it's only because I have one scheduled for June 2.  Oh, I hope you are wrong... but I do have a feeling you maybe right too.  If you can share any info on this please let us know.  Pretty please!

What foreign port Is any Alaska cruise going to go to ? Canada is closed . You should Google “Alaska cruises” under news. This has been discussed pretty extensively ..... no real hope until Canada opens July first at best as planned by their government . 

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What foreign port Is any Alaska cruise going to go to ? Canada is closed . You should Google “Alaska cruises” under news. This has been discussed pretty extensively ..... no real hope until Canada opens July first at best as planned by their government . 

OH I see.  I am just wondering do they have to go to a foreign port? I think they do. I didn't realize Canada was waiting until July.  Good points.  Thank you.