where is my credit card reimbursement

glentally

Booked a cruise through a travel company.  Canceled the cruse. They said Carnival has the $300 credit card refund and of course the $500 FCC.

Neither shows up on my bank statement or the Carnival website.  Has anyone seen theirs ?

I'm really not quite sure what you mean by the $300 unless you're talking about your deposit. Either way, the letter we received from Carnival for our cruise they cancelled says it can take up to 90 days to receive refunds. I rebooked for May and my summary shows the $600 OBC.

i do have some questions on my new reservation, so will be getting with my PVP shortly.

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

90 days to receive a refund seems very long. My guess is money on hand is short and they are figuring out how to proceed. Sketchy at best

2 hours ago, rudoja00 said:

I was told 4-6 weeks for the cash refund part, which is freaking absurd.  RCL processed a refund within 48 hours.

I fear Carnival is going to have a major liquidity crisis.

26 ships, 4+ weeks of cancellations, giving customers the option of cash refunds or FCC. It's not an overnight automated process.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rudoja00 said:

No, it doesn't.   This is strictly about cash flow management on their part. 

And what would you do if you were in their shoes???   Carnival has been more than cooperative, and quite generous, in accommodating their guest' inconveniences. If any of the cruise lines go bankrupt, it will be NCLH first.  Carnival will be fine.

Edited by TAIC1234
Wrong cruise line.