your first Carnival cruise that kept you coming back!

SMSACE6

Your perspective is a valid one...I agree that she was originally designed (and operated) as a transatlantic liner, but her conversion in 1979-80 was on such a scale where each of us could argue their position with a lot of validity.  🙂

But, to your point, I was on the Norway in 1995 when we sailed through tropical storm Erin...and I slept through the entire event.  That ship, like a true transatlantic liner, was rock solid in rough weather.

Garnett

First cruise was 1979 on the Carnival Carnivale.  A 7 night cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon.  People said we were crazy to book a 7 nighter for our first cruise experience, but we loved every minute of it.  We booked early enough to get one of the 2 cabins onboard with a double bed.  All the others were fixed twin beds, some with upper and lower berths.

Although I did not participate, they did offer a golf driving range off the back deck and also skeet shooting.

One final note, our luggage was sent to Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami, so we described it to the Carnival reps at the airport and took the (provided) bus to the ship.  We anxiously watched as all the luggage was loaded and were releaved when our 2 pieces were literally the last ones up the conveyer belt to the ship.

It took a while to get back into it  but we've now done over 25 cruises.